Two little glitches

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
enigmatic_user

Two little glitches

Post by enigmatic_user » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Hello,

yesterday I spontaneously bought VueMinder Calendar Pro - it's a great application! :)

Two little glitches have occurred, though.
  1. In the day and in the week view, the sidebar showing the hours of the day shows up twice (see screenshot). I'm quite sure that this wasn't the case when I first started the program; it suddenly happened, but I don't know what I had done right before that (I didn't see it change, I just suddenly noticed that it looked strange).
    Sidebar shows up twice
    Sidebar shows up twice
    vueminder-double-sidebar.gif (35.96 KiB) Viewed 14821 times
    Is there anything I can do to get rid of the second timeline?
  2. I like the BlueAndGray theme very much, but in some windows the font color is hardly readable (see screenshot). I already tried to customize the theme, but the only occurrence of that font color I found was "Roles > UI Roles > Base > Link". I changed the color and saved the theme under a new name, then I activated the new theme, but without any effect on the windows where I had noticed the problem. Does anyone know which setting I'll have to modify to change the font color of that special item?
    Inappropriate font color in BlueAndGray theme
    Inappropriate font color in BlueAndGray theme
    vueminder-blue-and-gray-font-color.gif (19.06 KiB) Viewed 14821 times
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers,
Jan
Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Two little glitches

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 am

Hi enigmatic_user, welcome to the forums and thank you for purchasing VueMinder Calendar Pro. In response to your questions:

1. It sounds like the additional time zone option was somehow enabled. To fix it, go to the Calendar Options (via the Options menu) and uncheck the box labeled "Show additional time zone", near the bottom of the window.

2. I've corrected the BlueAndGray theme for the next version. You can also download it from this post. Unzip it to the folder where VueMinder was installed. You'll need to exit and restart VueMinder before you'll see the corrected text color. If you're curious, the way I fixed it was to use the "Customize Appearance Theme" command on the Tools menu before commanding the import. On the last screen of the import window, I hovered the mouse over the text so I could see which role the text was using, and then pressed the 1 key to access that role's settings. Changing the text color was then just a matter of selecting black from the drop-down color list. I hope that helps!
BlueAndGray.zip
Corrected text colors.
(21.19 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:57 am

Great, thank you very much! :D

One little thing I forgot yesterday: I'm using the Linkman Pro Toolbar (there's also a free version), and it's placed at the top of my primary screen. When I choose to customize a theme, the top of the small window that is opened is hidden under the Linkman toolbar (see screenshot), so I can only close it when I pull the Toolbar to another place.
Appearance Theme Editor overlapped by Linkman toolbar
Appearance Theme Editor overlapped by Linkman toolbar
vueminder-overlapped-customization-window.gif (11.81 KiB) Viewed 14807 times
VueMinder Calendar itself, like most other applications, takes into account that the usable screen space is smaller because of the toolbar, but the Appearance Theme Editor doesn't. Even when I transfer VueMinder Calendar to my secondary screen, the Appearance Theme Editor is opened on my primary screen, so I can't avoid the problem.

Is there anything you can do about it in one of the next releases?

Cheers,
Jan
Last edited by enigmatic_user on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:42 am

Here's another very small bug: When creating or editing an event, there's a dropdown list where I can choose the duration of the event. This works fine - as long as I avoid choosing "1.5 hours". In that case, the duration is set to 15 hours. ;)

Cheers,
Jan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:10 am

It appears this happens in countries where the decimal point is a comma instead of a period. I believe if you type "1,5 hours", it would work. It's trying to parse "1.5 hours", but your localization settings don't match that format, so it ignores the decimal point.

I'll work on fixing this for the next version. I'll post a reply when a update is available to download. I've also added the startup position of the Appearance Theme Editor window to my list. I'm not sure if this will be fixed in the next version, but I'll keep you posted.

Thank you for letting me know about the problems, and please let me know if you find any other bugs.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:02 am

Hi Jan, the problems with the the BlueAndGray appearance theme, and with "1.5 hours" being used instead of "1,5 hours", have been corrected for the next version (8.1.2). If you'd like an early look, a release-candidate beta can be downloaded here.

Please let me know if you try the beta and find the problems haven't been fixed. Also note, the problem with the position of the Appearance Theme Editor window has not been fixed yet. This is still on my list.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:52 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Jan, the problems with the the BlueAndGray appearance theme, and with "1.5 hours" being used instead of "1,5 hours", have been corrected for the next version (8.1.2). If you'd like an early look, a release-candidate beta can be downloaded here.

Please let me know if you try the beta and find the problems haven't been fixed.
I'll definitely take a look at it.

I'm impressed by your responsiveness to feature requests and by the speed you're realizing them. There are enough developers out there who seem to not even notice bug reports and feature requests... :roll:
VueSoft wrote:Also note, the problem with the position of the Appearance Theme Editor window has not been fixed yet. This is still on my list.
No problem, I guess it's not used that often. BTW: If the window had its own representation in the taskbar (like the event dialogs), it could be moved by right-clicking on the taskbar button and choosing "Move" (or whatever the English label is - I'm from Germany). Maybe that is easier to implement?

Cheers,
Jan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:59 pm

A new beta (8.1.2 Beta 4) is available that will fix the initial position of the Appearance Theme Editor when the Linkman Toolbar is docked at the top of the screen. The beta can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=445
Dan Chartrand, Founder

enigmatic_user

Post by enigmatic_user » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

VueSoft wrote:A new beta (8.1.2 Beta 4) is available that will fix the initial position of the Appearance Theme Editor when the Linkman Toolbar is docked at the top of the screen.
Works fine, thank you very much! :)

Cheers,
Jan