Deleted Categories Reappearing and Other Category Probs

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
HomerJS

Deleted Categories Reappearing and Other Category Probs

Post by HomerJS » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:57 am

Hello Dan,

First, great programme. I'm still in the trial phase. I have been using ver 8.0.0 but now have 8.1.1.

Upon installing this new version I imported an xls file of events from my old calendar programme (Windates). The problem I now have is that all those categories that came with version 8.1.1 keep reappearing? I have deleted a few of them, but they keep comming back.

Also, when I set the category colours, e.g. red for 'birthdays' (via tools>category>category editor) it defaults back to black after about 1 hour's use?

Anyone else having this problem?

I have several calendars in use during my importation and transition from the old data into Vueminder.

Looking forward to your eeply when you have a chance.

Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Deleted Categories Reappearing and Other Category Probs

Post by VueSoft » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:02 am

Hi HomerJS, do you have any subscriptions, Google Calendar syncing, or are you sharing calendars? It's possible the categories are coming back because external events are associated with the previously deleted categories. Whenever an event is synced, if its associated category is missing the category will be added back into the list.

I'm not sure why the color of an existing category would reset though. That sounds like a problem but I haven't been able to duplicate it yet. I'll keep trying and will let you know what I find.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA