Google sync dupes

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
johnmouse

Re: Google sync dupes

Post by johnmouse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 am

I'm using VueMinder 8.3 and still experience duplicate events. Mine, however, do have actual times. I have been using the 1-way sync on Manual.

My default Google calendar is blank (i.e., I didn't enter any events through Google) and I set Google Calendar to display only John's Calendar (my VueMinder calendar). I did as you suggested (deleting, etc.). I'm going to use the default Automatic and 2-way and see what happens.

On the Google Sync tab, the Last Synced notification does not always display correctly after syncing; I was getting "Never" even after syncing several times. I heavily rely on Google Calendar on my Android phone, and really don't want the hassle of deleting and reloading calendars.

phoenixrisen41

Post by phoenixrisen41 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 am

I did a little more testing (it's the analyst in me I guess) and it looks like all of the events that were duplicates in Google were recurring events where one of the recurrences had been modified, rather than the whole series.

I figured out that I can fix the Google duplicate problem by recreating those series and not modifying them, so basically just create repeating events for some parts and one-off events for the ones that need modification. Then if I delete the series where one event was modified and re-sync all the duplicates disappear and it works fine.

So that's a good workaround for now. Thanks for your help!

phoenixrisen41

Post by phoenixrisen41 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 pm

That workaround only sort of worked. The problem still seems to be caused by modifying one of a series of events, but I realized that every time I marked an event as completed it considered it "modified".

So I get duplicates because I mark an event as completed, and because modified events from a series seem to duplicate for some reason in Google Calendar. Is this something that can be fixed in the next version or should I just redo my calendar and stop marking things completed?