need to rearrange columns every time?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
bsaett

need to rearrange columns every time?

Post by bsaett » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:55 am

First of all, my apologize for my bad english, I'm italian.
Anyway, I have to problems with VW. I bought Pro version 2 days ago, and today I find an upgrade. Before it was all Ok, now I have problems.

1) I need to rearrange the column width (Events pane) every time I start VW. I always use the Events pane, and all the field (start, location, title) are compressed at the left with only 4, 5 characters readable (take a look at second link. Not more. I rearrange the field (with 10, 20 characters readable for field http://img94.imageshack.us/i/beforehk.jpg/ ), but when I close and restart program I need to rearrange the field again!!!!!!!!
http://img211.imageshack.us/i/aftero.jpg/
Before the upgrade I have to arrange the field only first start!

2) I print often Events pane. Before upgrade I have the text at font size 10, and the print page was correct (font size 10). Now I have always text at 10, but the Events pane NO change, it's at 12 (even if it says 10). The text is bigger than before the upgrade (the same data now need more space on the paper), so I need to change to 8. I don't know if this is a bug, anyway I told you.

Please, could be possible to fix that? Expecially I need that the feature to block the column width (as it was before the upgrade).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: need to rearrange columns every time?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi bsaett, welcome to the forums. I apologize for the problem with the column widths resetting after the program is restarted. I'll work on fixing this for the next version and will post a reply when the correction is available.

In the meantime, you can save the column width settings to a file, and then load the file after the program is restarted. To do this, use the "List" button in the upper-right corner of the Events tab. Click "Filter -> Save Current Filter", and then enter a filename. The next time the program starts, you can load the column widths from the previously saved by by using the "Filter -> Load Filter" command. These commands are intended to allow fast switching between completely different Event List layouts (column grouping, visible columns, active filters, etc). However, the file stores column widths as well.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

bsaett

Post by bsaett » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:44 am

Very thanks, it works. Waiting for the fix.

Anyway, this is a great software. I tried at least 5 similar software but only VueMinder satisfies me completely.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi bsaett, the problem with the Event List column widths has been corrected for the next version (8.1.2). If you'd like an early look, a release-candidate beta can be downloaded here.

Please let me know if you try the beta and find the problem hasn't been fixed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

bsaett

Post by bsaett » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:16 am

Sorry, don't work :(
Started the program I arranged the columns, and close the program. Restarted the program all the colums are collapsed to the left (as the image of the first post).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Sorry about that. I've created a new beta and I think it should be solved now. The updated version can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=445
Dan Chartrand, Founder

bsaett

Post by bsaett » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:34 am

It works. The beta4 fix the problem. :)
Many many thanks!