help? error trying to install

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rhondocmd

help? error trying to install

Post by rhondocmd » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:05 am

I installed the Pro trial at work on my W7 box and works beautifully. Trying to convince bosses to buy license. In meantime, I want to install/purchase another license for personal/volunteer work on my home PC but receive error trying to install.

installing on windows xp, sp3 - error on install (error occurs w/pro trial or lite installer dwld'd off vueminder site)

error occurred during installation of assembly 'infragistics2.shared.v10.1,version='10.1.20101.1008",culture="neutral",publickeytoaken="E6A9336E1E8F8CD8",processorArchitecture="MSIL". Please refer to help and support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070020.

Error occurs as completing Status: Publishing product information

Help PLEASE?? I LOVE this program and it would make my life SO much easier to manage but can't get past this error.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: help? error trying to install

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi rhondocmd, welcome to the forums. The following link might help. It's related to the same error when attempting to install a Windows update, but I think it's the same underlying problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825

In a nutshell, the link above explains several methods to possibly solve the problem:

1. Try restarting your computer and then run the installer again. Also make sure you're installing from an account that has administrator rights.

2. Restart your computer in safe mode and then try installing.

3. Reboot in a "clean" state, and then try installing.

4. Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall software before installing.

I'd start with the first method and work your way down. Hopefully one of these methods will allow the software to be successfully installed. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.

Also, in case you're interested, the Portable version works the same as the Pro version, but doesn't need to be installed. It just runs off from a USB memory stick, and could be taken between home and work. Simply insert it into the computer and run an executable. There's no messing around with Windows or installation issues.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rhondocmd

Re: help? error trying to install

Post by rhondocmd » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:46 pm

thank you so much! I was able to get it installed w/your suggestions! SO excited!! ...and thanks for the portable tip...I may decide to go that route. It would be a huge help!

Thanks, again! :)