Asking for Outlook Contacts

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
harleyrev

Asking for Outlook Contacts

Post by harleyrev » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:07 pm

I keep getting a persistent message that a program wants permission to access my Outlook contact list. I have VueMinder synching with Outlook. Does VueMinder seek to access my contacts too?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Asking for Outlook Contacts

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi harleyrev, welcome to the forums. VueMinder only access contact data when a import of contacts is commanded. The message you're seeing is very misleading. It would be nice if Microsoft would fix the wording of the message to indicate what VueMinder is actually doing, which is only accessing your calendar data because a calendar was configured to be synced with Outlook.

Oddly, this doesn't happen on all computers. I believe it has something to do with the Outlook security settings. In any case, the next version has been improved to have an option to only manually sync with Outlook. This will prevent the message from constantly appearing. It will only appear when a sync is manually commanded. The next version is in final testing and should be released on Jan. 23. If you'd like to try a release-candidate beta, it's available here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=418

I hope that alleviates your concern. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA