Unable to open existing event from reminder in 8.0.1

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
joljol2

Unable to open existing event from reminder in 8.0.1

Post by joljol2 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:55 pm

In 8.0.1 cannot open an event by clicking on popup reminder or from Recent Reminders.

Cannot open old Event from the monthly Calendar view.

Wanted to delete the popup reminder and just use the email reminder.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unable to open existing event from reminder in 8.0.1

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:24 pm

This problem has been corrected for the next version. I'm planning on releasing it next week. If you'd like, a pre-release beta is available:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _BETA1.exe

Before installing, first exit the current version by right-clicking the VueMinder icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit". Please let me know if you still see the problem in this version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

joljol2

Post by joljol2 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 pm

I don't see that this beta reduced my problems with Pro.

Getting a recurring Reminder popup every 40 seconds. X out of it, it comes back.

Initially a Monthly Calendar display is sparsely populated.
In the lower left box "Filtering 2 calendars" shows. If I X out of it, THEN the calendar display is populated with many events. ALL that should be there - I don't know.

Selecting an event.. the event content detail shows up, but neither Edit nor Ctrl-O will open it for editing.

How can I get into the 4 or 5 Events that are in the Reminder PopUp to turn off the PopUp setting and get some relief?

Thanks,

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Did you try clicking the "Dismiss All" button in the reminder window? Cicking the X in the upper-right corner of the reminder window is equivalent to clicking the Snooze button. The reminders will be snoozed and reappear at a later time. The only way to keep them from returning is to click the Dismiss or Dismiss All button.

As for the problem you're still seeing with opening events, that should have been fixed in the 8.0.2 beta. If possible, could you perform a backup of your data and send the resulting vbackup file to support@vueminder.com? I'll run some tests on it to determine if there's still a problem in 8.0.2. The data will be kept strictly confidential and will be scrubbed from my computer as soon as I've finished.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

joljol2

Post by joljol2 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

I put the beta on another computer.
Copied the data file to the right path location.
Restored from that data file by browsing to it.

Desired Calendar did open, was able to open events for editing.

I did not linger to check out PopUp Reminders and where on the LAN they were coming from.

Does this suggest I should uninstall the program on the laptop where it did not work? Reboot, reinstall this beta there?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 am

I'd start by just rebooting the laptop. If you see the same problem, try reinstalling.

If it still doesn't work, you can download a utility that will completely reset all data, and hopefully wipe out whatever is causing this weirdness. Before running the utility, first ensure VueMinder isn't running by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting Exit.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

This will clear out all the previous data and settings. After starting VueMinder, use the "Restore Data" command on the File menu to recover your previous data. The previous checkpoints will not be listed, but you can click the Browse button to locate a previous backup.
Dan Chartrand, Founder