Calendar Position/Layering

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
hampton

Calendar Position/Layering

Post by hampton » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

My problem is the layering this program uses relating to other programs.

Background: I use a desktop customization platform called rainmeter, which lets you add widgets type icons to your desktop. I have a dual monitor setup with Vueminder and rainmeter running on the second monitor.

Problem: One of the "widgets" is a transparent black background that I use to have my desktop rss feed easily readable. The downside is that clicking anywhere on the desktop causes the calendar to jump below the transparent background and I am unable to interact with it until I exit the background widget.

Below are pictures of my desktop to hopefully convey my problem more clearly. (Warning each pic is about 4mb)
Desktop without background enabled (concerned with left side of picture)
With background just enable with this being the way I want it
Calendar under background after clicking anywhere are the desktop, this is what I do NOT want

Test: The background has an option to change the 'layering' position be it top, bottom, normal with none of the options producing the required results. Also I do not just want to disable the background to fix the problem.

Recommend: A layering position option for the desktop calendar to force it on top of the background and other programs if desired.

If you need any more information just ask. Thank you in advance

If this and syncing the to-do with an online source then this program will be a must/will buy.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Calendar Position/Layering

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:12 am

Hi hampton, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. Currently, the desktop calendar always tries to be the bottom-most window, since it lives on the desktop.

However, I'll add an option to allow this behavior to be turned off. The desktop calendar would then function like most other windows, and it would be up to the user to determine whether it should appear above or below other windows. I think this will fix the behavior you're seeing. I'll post a response to this thread when the option is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA