v8 Doesnt Show all Calendars

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
guernseycows

v8 Doesnt Show all Calendars

Post by guernseycows » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:16 pm

I have VueMinder Calendar Pro. I upgraded from v7.4.3 to v8. When I started v8, some of my calendars and events were missing - 2 of my 7 calendars didn't appear in the left pane and their events didn't appear in the monthly calendar display on the right side of the screen. The other 5 calendars and their events were fine.

I did a display all events (view menu, crtl shift S) and the missing events appeared in their correct places in the calendar but the 2 calendars are still not not displayed in the left pane.

I opened the window to create a new event. The pull down menu of calendars shows all my calendars including the 2 which are not displayed. I selected one of these, entered the data and hit save and close. Now it gets really weird - as soon as I hit the save and close all the events for the 2 missing calendars disappeared from the monthly calendar display!

Once again, I used ctrl shift S and the events for the 2 missing calendars re-appeared, including the new event I just created. But the 2 missing calendars still don't appear in the left pane.

I assume this is a bug with v8 but any help would be appreciated. I wanted to go back to 7.4.3 but the download doesnt seem to be available any more. Thanks!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: v8 Doesnt Show all Calendars

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:42 pm

Hmm, that's odd. Could you send a screenshot of your calendar list to support@vueminder.com? Maybe that will provide some clues.

Also, have you tried restoring from a previous 7.4.3 backup, using the "Restore Data" command on the File menu? It's possible something went wrong while converting the data to the version 8 format the first time.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

guernseycows

Post by guernseycows » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Screenshot is on it's way in separate email. I did try restoring from the 7.4.3 backup with the same result as when I initially started 8.0.0. I then uninstalled 8.0.0, restored 7.4.1 (the only version I had a copy of) and 7.4.1 displayed everything correctly. Uninstalled 7.4.1, re-installed 8.0.0 (fresh download) and still had the same problem. I did a backup from 8.0.0 and the backup display showed that my 8.0.0 backup file had 179 events - the same number of events as the 7.4.3 backup file.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Thank you for the data. I've found what was causing this and a correction has been made for the next version. I've also emailed you a correction which should allow you to see all the calendars.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

guernseycows

Post by guernseycows » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:38 am

Works great now! Thanks Dan