Additional Fields

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
CruiseMaster

Additional Fields

Post by CruiseMaster » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:26 pm

I would like to see additional user defined fields for the contact list.

Many of my friend have more than one cell phone or may have a business line in addition to a personal line and a FAX line. If there were an additional five user definable fields that could be used for anything I think many would appreciate it.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Additional Fields

Post by VueSoft » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi CruiseMaster, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. I have this on my list of planned improvements, and will let you know when it's completed.

In the meantime, you can use the "Notes" tab in the Contact Editor to record any type of additional information you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Additional Fields

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Custom input fields have been completed for the next version (9.0), which is currently in public beta testing and will be officially released soon.

The Event, Task, Note, and Contact Editor windows will have a new "Custom" tab where fields can be defined and custom data entered. Custom fields can also be shared over a local network, imported, and exported, and synced with Outlook. In addition, custom field columns will be available in the Event, Task, Note, and Contact lists.

Note, these these improvements are exclusive to a new "Ultimate" version. More information about the Ultimate version, as well as a link to the beta, can be found here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA