Desktop Cal (Full) does not start at Today...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Snacko

Desktop Cal (Full) does not start at Today...

Post by Snacko » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:23 pm

This has been happening for about 2-3 weeks now. I have VM load at Windows Startup, and default to show the Desktop Calendar (Full) on my desktop. I have it set to only show 3 weeks, and it always starts the top row at Dec 1st. So, the past two weeks 20-26, and now 27-Jan 2 are never visible at startup. I always have to go to the Calendar and click the Today button to get the Calendar to display the current date.

Also, VM has always taken a very long time to load when I start it with Windows. Not sure why this is... Is it trying to Sync with Google Cal when it first loads? If so, that could wait a few minutes to do that since Windows is doing a lot of work loading programs, drives, and services at startup. Maybe it could be an option if that is what it is doing? Or is it doing something else that takes a long time?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Cal (Full) does not start at Today...

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi Snacko - The problem with the current date not appearing on the Desktop Calendar has been corrected for version 8.0. A release-candidate beta is available for download here, if you're interested. The official release will probably happen by the end of this week.

Regarding the slow startup times, my guess is that Windows is assigning a lower priority to the VueMinder process when it loads during Windows startup. Syncing is disabled until the program fully loads, but if Windows is assigning a lower priority to VueMinder during startup, that could make it take much longer to finish loading. The next time Windows starts, could you run the Task Manager and take a look at the priority level of the "vueminder.exe" process? If it's set to Low, that would confirm my hunch.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Snacko

Post by Snacko » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Got the new 8.0.0 automatically today and it started on the correct date.

I'll try and watch the priority next time Win loads. When I disable VueMinder from loading with Windows, my system loads up completely in about 2 mins. With VueMinder it takes 3-4 mins sometimes. Really weird..

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm glad to hear 8.0 is starting up with the current date correctly shown.

The delayed startup time is weird. Maybe your antivirus program is messing with VueMinder, causing the system startup to be delayed. Have you tried adding an exception, to see if that makes any difference?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA