very slow sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ratalish

very slow sync

Post by ratalish » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Sync with google calendar takes forever (typically 4 hours). Here are some details:
--VueMinder Pro v7.4.3
--11900 events spread over about 12 years
--The process (In Windows Task Manager) uses about 160MB of memory
--The backup file size is 2MB (although I've turned off backing up but that doesn't help)
--It's equally slow whether I do 1 way or 2 way synching
--It's slow whether I sync back only 365 days or 4000 days
--The machine is an HP Pavilion dv3000 running Vista 64 bit
--The internet connection should be fast enough (1.5MBPS in both directions)
Anyone got any ideas?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: very slow sync

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi ratalish, welcome to the forums. While it might take a while to perform the first sync if you have 10,000+ events defined, it certainly shouldn't take as long as you're seeing. A number of corrections have been made for the next release, including some performance improvements. It's possible these corrections will reduce the time required for syncing to something more reasonable.

You can download the latest beta from the following thread. Before installing, ensure the current versions isn't running by right-clicking the task tray and selecting "Exit".
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=373

Note, after the first sync, subsequent syncs should be much faster because only the changed events will sync and not the full list.

Please let me know if you still see abnormally long sync times in beta. If syncing is still too slow, and you only need 1-way sync, a possible workaround would be to subscribe to the Google Calendar ICS feed, instead of syncing directly. You can add a subscription using the "Add Calendar Subscription" command on the file menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ratalish

Re: very slow sync

Post by ratalish » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks Dan. Will give the new beta a try when some time opens up. BB