Beta is showing error messages

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Darwin

Re: Beta is showing error messages

Post by Darwin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:05 am

Hi Dan,

Sorry, i didn't see your response yesterday.

I have ALL sharing off on vueminder now (Options -> Programs -> Sharing -> cleared all the radio buttons) and Vueminder was still being throttled every couple of seconds for about 40 minutes after I woke my computer from sleep this morning).

The Outlook plug-ins I have installed are:

AntiSpamSniper for Outlook
COM Addin for Micosoft Outlook Hotmail Connector
eAnnouncer
Microsoft Exchange Add-in
OneNote Notes about Outlook Items
TechHit EZDetach for Microsoft Outlook
TechHit MessageSave for Microsoft Outlook
TechHit SimplyFile for Microsoft Outlook

There are several other inactive Add-ins:

Business Connectivity Services Add-in
Outlook Gadgets for Windows SideShow
Send to Bluetooth
Microsoft Outlook Social Connector
Microsoft Sharepoint Server Colleague import Add-in
Microsoft Sharepoint Workspace Proxy for outlook Add-in
Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing
Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in
Windows Search Email Indexer (which I'd like to be running but Outlook keeps disabling it, so this might be part of the problem. EDIT: however, I have just cleared and rebuilt the index and my e-mails are searchable so I'm not going to sweat it - seems to be a common problem)

Note that I disabled some add-ins and restarted Outlook and VueMinder immediately had to be throttled and continued to do so, constantly being throttled and released while I had MS Outlook open . I don't get this as, as far as I can tell, I have disabled all ties between VueMinder and Outlook.

Hope this helps,

Mike

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks for the information. I haven't had any breakthroughs yet in replicating the behavior, but I'll let you know if I'm able to find what is causing this to happen.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 am

Don't know if this is related or not. I just came back to my computer after being away for about 20 minutes and there was an error message related to the Net framework:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_MousePosition()
at Vuesoft.Applications.Vueminder.ControlDetails.timerToolbar_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
VueMinder
Assembly Version: 7.5.0.1006
Win32 Version: 7.5.0.1006
CodeBase: file:///C:/PROGRAM%20FILES%20(X86)/VUESOFT/VUEMINDER/VUEMINDER.EXE
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
At the moment, VueMinder is crashed and using 50% of my CPU (100% of one of two cores) and 1,461,476 K of Working Set (Memory)/1,452,969 Memory (Private Working Set) RAM. Process Lasso is in an endless loop of throttling and releasing VueMinder's exe.

My system has been up for one day and one hour. I'm rebooting as soon as this is posted!

UPDATE: my system has been up for about a day. I woke it from sleep and all was well this morning. Surfed the web for about two hours then got the kids ready for school. When I returned to the computer (which I had not put into standby), I was greeted by another .net framework error and a Windows 7 dialog advising me that VueMinder had stopped working. The .net framework error appears to have been the same as the one I posted above - it referred to memory being out of bounds. I didn't copy the error message and cannot find any reference ot it in my Event Viewer.

Hope this helps,

Mike

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Mike, I wonder if repairing the .NET Framework 2.0 installation would fix the problem. If you want to try it, the following link provides instructions:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archiv ... vista.aspx

There might also be a problem with the Office interop assemblies. VueMinder uses the Office 2003 assemblies, which can be installed alongside Office 2010. You can download here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... layLang=en

I'm not sure if that will fix it, but it's worth a shot.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried repairing my .Net Framework installation without seeming to have had any effect whatsover (in fact,the diagnostic tools couldn't find any fault with my installation to begin with). I've also tried to install the interop assemblies for Office 2003 but the readme states that I must have an Office 2003 product installed. When I attempted to install it anyway, I got an error message to this effect.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm

I've done some more research and it appears there may be a memory leak. I'm currently analyzing the code looking for any leaks. I'll let you know when an updated beta is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:01 am

OK - thank you, Dan! I'll wait for the next release. For now, I just monitor VueScan's RAM usage and restart it when usage spikes.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:25 am

I believe this problem has been corrected. A new beta is available and can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=373
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:09 am

I installed the new beta last night and am monitoring it now... I've been through two enformed reboots (unrelated),so will have to wait and see. FWIW, the problem with the beta for 7.5 beta, at least WRT the memory leak, seemed to happen after the computer had been up for a few hours AND had been left unattended for a while. Usually, I'd leave the computer and come back to it with either the screensaver running (so at least 14 minutes) or with the monitors turned off (at least 20 minutes) and find VueMinder crashed after I logged in.

At any rate, Process Lasso hasn't touch beta 8's exe yet - which is a good sign - and Task Manager reports 0% CPU and minimal RAM (10MB Working set and 5.5MB Private Working Set).

Thank you, Dan! With all this work, I hope you are finding time to enjoy the holidays!

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Just an update - computer has been up for 36 hours and has been left idle for serveral hours at a time and VueMinder Calendar Beta is rock solid, so the issue I reported is definitely fixed. BTW, Process Lasso has not reported a single instance of throttling any VueMinder process during this time and RAM usage is around 10MB :D