Delete Prior

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
tigerwokie

Delete Prior

Post by tigerwokie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:05 am

Is there a way for me to delete events prior to a certain date? Also, the web link to the Chinese Holiday calendar is invalid. Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Delete Prior

Post by VueSoft » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:31 am

Hi tigerwokie, welcome to the forums. If you're using the Pro version, the easiest method to delete past events would be to use the Event tab in the List View. Use the date drop-down boxes to specify the date range of the events you'd like to delete. After specifing the date range, press Ctrl+A (or use the "Select All" command on the Edit menu). This will select all events in the specified date range. Next, press the Delete key. Depending on how many events you have selected, this may take a few seconds.

Be aware, this will delete recurring events, which might have occurrences that come after the specified date range. If that's a concern, then you could sort on the "Recurrence Sumarry" column and only select rows for deletion that aren't associated with recurring events.

Before you do delete the events, I'd advise performing a backup, in case you accidentally delete more events than you intended. Also note the delete can be undone via the Edit menu's Undo command, but if you exit and restart the program the events will be gone for good (unless you performed a backup).

I'm planning to improve the software to have an auto-archive feature, which will automatically export and remove events occurring more than a specified number of days in the past. This will help reduce the number of defined events and allow the program to run faster. I'll post a response to this thread after the auto-archive feature has been implemented.

Regarding the Chinese Holiday calendar, I'll see if I can find an alternative calendar that will correctly load. Please try again in a few hours, and thank you for letting me know about the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tigerwokie

Post by tigerwokie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 am

Thank you for fixing the Chinese calendar link and it is working. I will give the Delete tips a try when I get some time.

tigerwokie

Post by tigerwokie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:33 pm

I probably should start a new subject line but want to keep these threads in one place. The Chinese calendar dates accuracy checked out OK from various sources, thank you. A minor problem is that the Chinese characters are not displaying properly (none at all). I am not sure if this is a Windows, Vueminder, or the Chinese calendar issue.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 am

Here's a snippet of what I see:

Are you saying you don't see the Chinese characters in the event titles? If so, then it might be a problem with Windows not having a language pack installed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tigerwokie

Post by tigerwokie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 pm

ok, thanks and your calendar looks right. So it must be my Windows setting. Now I have to dig up my disc to install the language pack.

tigerwokie

Post by tigerwokie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:41 pm

I installed the Asian language pack and the Kanji is displaying correctly, thanks.