Deleted Events Are Not Removed From Other Computers

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
DaveOzric

Deleted Events Are Not Removed From Other Computers

Post by DaveOzric » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:35 am

Hi Dan,

What is happening when I delete the duplicates from Google and a second computer with the program on and the first computer does not remove the events? It says it synced with Google, but they are still there, but not on Google's page.

So basically I deleted the dups on Google. It didn't remove them from Vueminder, so I removed them from there as well. Now the other computer still has the dups in Vueminder. They are only on one calendar and reoccurring events.

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Deleted Events Are Not Removed From Other Computers

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi DaveOzric, welcome to the forums. It appears there are some syncing issues when deleting events while multiple computers are in the loop. I'm seeing the events sometimes get removed from the other computers, but it's not consistent.

I believe this is due to timing issues with the sync. I'll see if I can fix this for the next version. In the meantime, you may need to manually delete the extraneous events from both Google Calendar and VueMinder. I apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know when this has been corrected.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

DaveOzric

Post by DaveOzric » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Thank you for your reply,

I was able to remove the duplicates without much trouble. I think you have an excellent program here and the support is top notch. If it is only happening once when installing on a new computer, I am fine.

Thanks again,
Dave

DaveOzric

Post by DaveOzric » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 am

Hi,

I am still having issues with events not syncing. I have some reoccurring events that are on the local vueminder, but not on Google's and vice versa.

Any ideas?

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi Dave, you might be able to force the events to update by syncing manually. This can be done by right-clicking the calendar name and selecting "Share Calendar -> Sync Calendar". Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:26 pm

A new beta is available that fixes a number of problems when syncing with Google Calendar. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _BETA4.exe

If you have problems in your current synced calendar, try deleting the calendar from VueMinder. Restart VueMinder and then use the "Add Google Calendar" command to add the calendar back into VueMinder. This should clear up the problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder