Cannot delete occurrence.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
grimace15

Cannot delete occurrence.

Post by grimace15 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 pm

I have an event occurring every other Saturday. I cannot delete one of the upcomming occurrences from the calendar, it does bring up the dialog to delete the occurrence or series, checking the radio button for "Delete this occurrence" leaves the event there. How can I delete just this upcoming occurrence?

Thanks
grimace
aka Joe Y.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Cannot delete occurrence.

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi grimace15, welcome to the forums. You should be able to delete a single occurrence using exactly the method you've described. I've attempted to replicate the problem, but it seems to be behaving correctly for me, and allowing single occurrences to be deleted.

Have you tried restarting the program or your computer? Does that make any difference? If not, are you deleting the event from a shared calendar, or a calendar that syncs with Outlook and/or Google Calendar? Maybe some kind of weird syncing issue is present that I haven't seen yet.

Also, is it just one instance of the event, on a particular date, that won't allow you to delete it? If so, what date is giving the problem? If not, then does this happen for all events belonging to any recurring series, regardless of date and associcated calendar properties?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

grimace15

Post by grimace15 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am

Restarted the program and still getting the same issue. Cannot delete the occurrence (or any other future occurrence) using the method described below. The program will not let me delete past occurrences. I am able to delete other occurrences of the same type of event that are not part of this particular series. I think I created this event from a copy and past from another day when I set up the original event.

If I try to edit the event and change something (color) it creates a new line with the old event still there with the old color. (Both the old color and new color show up in the date)

The calendar in question is not a shared or synced calendar.

I am off to restart my computer and see if that works.

grimace15

Post by grimace15 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Restarting the computer did not work either.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Hmmm, this is really strange. Could you try copying and pasting the series again? Do you get the same behavior on the pasted version?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

grimace15

Post by grimace15 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:02 am

Copied and pasted the "bad" series. On the pasted series I was able to delete 1 occurrence and then the series without issue. Went back to the "bad" series and still experiencing the same issue.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:23 am

Could you copy the "bad" series to a new series, and then delete the "bad" series? Or are you unable to delete the entire series too?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

grimace15

Post by grimace15 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:53 am

The "bad" series deleted. It did, however, leave one instance on the original date created in a different color than the original (grey instead of red). The two arrows indicating a recurrence had a line through it. It was the only occurance left of the "bad" series.

When I deleted it, the series that was used to create it from a copy and past must have deleted to, becase the prior day series (every other week) got deleted, go figure.

I just recreated the prior day series, copy and pasted it on the next day, and then was able to delete the occurrence.

Not really sure what the problem was, but my gut feeling was that the copy and paste had something to do with the original issue which I am not experiencing now.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:59 am

I think you're correct, although I can't repeat the problem so it's hard to say for certain. Anyway, I'm glad all is working correctly now. If you see this happen again, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder