local shared calendar events not visible on XP laptop

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
fosseja

local shared calendar events not visible on XP laptop

Post by fosseja » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:36 pm

I am attempting to set up my desktop and two laptops to have the same calendar views. The desktop runs Vista 64, one laptop runs XP, and the other laptop runs Windows 7. I created a local shared calendar on two laptops after creating a local shared calendar on my desktop and creating events via the desktop calendar. After creating local shared calendars on the laptops, the laptop running XP is the only machine having problems in that no events load after creating the local shared calendar. The events are visible on the boxes running Windows7 and Vista.

Using Windows Explorer on the XP laptop, I am able to look at the contents of the folder containing the data for the local shared calendar. I also believe that I have set user permissions correctly for the XP laptop. When I look at the local shared calendar's Property Box on the XP machine, there is text at the bottom of the box that states "This is a shared calendar owned by jeff. You are a contributor and can add, modify, or delete events."

I am running version 7.4.3 on all three machines.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions to try to fix this problem.
:?:

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: local shared calendar events not visible on XP laptop

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi fosseja, welcome to the forums. It sounds like there might be a problem connecting to the shared database from XP. I've done a lot of testing with calendar sharing between XP and Vista/7, and haven't seen this problem, so I'm not sure what is causing it.

Are all computers definitely configured to point to the same shared folder? A small typo in the path could throw off syncing. Also, are all computers set to the same clock time, within a few seconds? Sometimes that can affect syncing.

Have you tried rebooting the XP laptop? After the reboot, modify one of the shared events on the Vista or Win7 computer. Does the event properly sync to the laptop? If so, then I think there may have been a fluke with connecting to the shared database the first time.

If that doesn't fix it, could you try creating a shared calendar on the XP laptop, to see if that one correctly syncs events with the other computers?

I hope that helps. Please let me know what you find, or if you're still unable to get it to work.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

fosseja

Re: local shared calendar events not visible on XP laptop

Post by fosseja » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:52 pm

Dan,
Problem solved: rebooting the XP laptop resulted in the local shared calendar's content to be displayed. Thanks so much.
Jeff Fosse :D