Error Unable to connect to google calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
flywithgrace

Error Unable to connect to google calendar

Post by flywithgrace » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:51 pm

I get this error that pops up over and over and I cannot syn with google cal. Tells me invalid URI. Just downloaded the pro version to try it out before purchasing. Please let me know if there is a fix. Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Error Unable to connect to google calendar

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:38 am

Hi flywithgrace, welcome to the forums. What method did you try for syncing? It sounds like you might be adding a calendar subscription to the Google ICS feed's URL. If so, you might not be using the correct URL.

An easier way to add a Google Calendar would be to use the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. The URL is automatically determined. There are no URLs to enter and it's pretty much a 1-click operation to add the Google Calendar to VueMinder. More detailed instructions can be found here.

This should work, so please let me know if you're using this approach and still seeing the error.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

flywithgrace

Post by flywithgrace » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:00 pm

Well, not sure how I fixed it, but before I heard back from you I just went under file and then did the configureation wizard again and then it went away. However, I am trying to sync to the added calendar and it looks as though all are syncing, except 1 of my calendars which says it is syncing, but has been saying this all day and wont let me clink into it. seems frozen there. Any ideas?

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Hmmm, that's odd. A reboot might clear it up. If not, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

flywithgrace

Post by flywithgrace » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:59 am

I tried rebot and it still set there syning and it wont let me open that particular calendar to change things also.
Would this have anything to do with it being the trial version? I used to have the free version and when I clicked to try the Pro inside the free one it messed up the free version. I ended up having to uninstall that one and then installed the trial pro. Not sure if the purchased one will work or not then.

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:46 pm

The trial version is functionally equivalent to the registered version, so this is not a trial limitation. When you upgrade to Pro, the Lite version will be replaced by the Pro trial. This should be a seamless upgrade, so I'm not sure what caused the problem in your case.

Please try this:
1. In your list of calendars, right-click the problem calendar and select "Delete Calendar".
2. Right-click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select "Exit".
3. Restart VueMinder using the shortcut in the Start menu.
4. Use the "File -> Add Google Calendar" command to re-add the calendar.

Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder