Exception error on entering update protection code

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
itechlang

Exception error on entering update protection code

Post by itechlang » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:04 am

Hi,

If VueMinder does not have any protection code (license) entered yet and you confirm an update when it starts, you are presented with the about screen to enter the protection code but as soon as you paste the code in the text field, an exception is thrown. You can click "continue" but if you try again you get the same error so you do not have any other choices than closing the app or not doing the update at that time, open it without updating it if you closed it, enter the code through the About screen and then update it.

Unfortunately I do not have the error message but I guess it can be reproduced.

Not a big issue though as once you have entered your protection code you are good to go but still a bug :)

Thanks,
Stéphane

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Exception error on entering update protection code

Post by VueSoft » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:51 pm

This should be fixed in 7.4.0. If you want the technical explanation, the update checking runs in a different thread to prevent the main window from slowing down. When the window for entering the update proection code is displayed, it is commanded from the other thread, not the main thread. Windows doesn't support pasting text into dialogs that are commanded from threads other than the main application thread, which causes the exception message to appear.

Like I said, this is fixed in 7.4, but if you're currently using 7.3, the only way to enter the update protection code by pasting is to close the update checker and select the Help -> About command. Or, you can type it in.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

itechlang

Re: Exception error on entering update protection code

Post by itechlang » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Ok Dan.
Yes I had the 7.3 when I tried to enter the code so I got the exception.

Thanks for the good explanation,
Stéphane