7.4.0 problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Zollhausring

7.4.0 problems

Post by Zollhausring » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 am

I have just updated to 7.4.0 and list the most eye-catching update-caused problems below.

visibility + refresh
* menu, toolbars, navigation pane, calendar items and details pane are either invisible (when VueMinderPro is brought back from the system tray) or retain cropped images of windows previously displayed in front of it (once these windows are closed or moved away)
* as a temporary workaround refreshing menu, toolbars, navigation pane, calendar items and details pane is possible by clicking on the invisible menu (when VueMinderPro is brought back from the system tray) or on the still visible previous menu (of windows now closed)
* a selected menu item with a sub-menu does not expand this sub-menu anymore automatically

«Calendar/Month» view
* the earlier display of "[Title]; [Location]" is reduced to "[Title]" only; that may be helpful if customizable on application/calendar/event level -- which I haven't found -- but is a problem if hardcoded+final
* non-all-day-events, which have been showing their start time in the «Calendar/Month» view so far with the user-defined 24h time format are now showing their start time simultaneously with the hardcoded AM/PM time format as well as with the user-defined 24h time format; the resulting overlaid timestamps look artistic but are completely unreadable

reset + loss
* the user-defined hotkey (Options—›Program—›BackgroundOperation—›Redisplay...) is lost, i.e. needs to be redefined
* all user-defined toolbars are lost entirely

Looking forward to an 7.4.1 asap.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 7.4.0 problems

Post by VueSoft » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Zollhausring, welcome to the forums and thank you for letting me know about the problems you're seeing.
visibility + refresh
* menu, toolbars, navigation pane, calendar items and details pane are either invisible (when VueMinderPro is brought back from the system tray) or retain cropped images of windows previously displayed in front of it (once these windows are closed or moved away)
* as a temporary workaround refreshing menu, toolbars, navigation pane, calendar items and details pane is possible by clicking on the invisible menu (when VueMinderPro is brought back from the system tray) or on the still visible previous menu (of windows now closed)
* a selected menu item with a sub-menu does not expand this sub-menu anymore automatically
I'm having trouble visualizing the problem you're describing. Could you send a screenshot to support@vueminder.com? That might help me determine what is causing this.
«Calendar/Month» view
* the earlier display of "[Title]; [Location]" is reduced to "[Title]" only; that may be helpful if customizable on application/calendar/event level -- which I haven't found -- but is a problem if hardcoded+final
* non-all-day-events, which have been showing their start time in the «Calendar/Month» view so far with the user-defined 24h time format are now showing their start time simultaneously with the hardcoded AM/PM time format as well as with the user-defined 24h time format; the resulting overlaid timestamps look artistic but are completely unreadable
To make the location appear, click the Month View Settings button in the upper-right corner (it looks like a gear) and then check the "Show High Detail" menu option. The default is "Show Medium Detail", which will show event starting times but not locations. I'll change this in the next version so the medium detail setting will include event locations.

The problem with event times showing twice and not being legible is something that can happen in a couple of the non-default appearance themes. To fix this, go to Options -> Appearance and either use the default appearance theme or try picking a different one from the list. I believe this affects 2 or 3 of the themes. I didn't detect this in my pre-release testing because I didn't happen to test with those themes. D'oh!
reset + loss
* the user-defined hotkey (Options—›Program—›BackgroundOperation—›Redisplay...) is lost, i.e. needs to be redefined
* all user-defined toolbars are lost entirely
Due to problems other people were reporting with their menus not properly upgrading from a previous version to 7.3, the menus were completely reset in 7.4 to fix all the previous menu upgrade problems once and for all. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: 7.4.0 problems

Post by VueSoft » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Version 7.4.1 has been released to fix these problems. Menu and shortcut customizations created before 7.4.0 won't be loaded into 7.4.1, but any customizations made while using 7.4.0 will be preserved.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA