Strange blank reminder window

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
appyface

Strange blank reminder window

Post by appyface » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:48 pm

VueMinder Pro has begun flashing an empty reminder popup window, once per minute, right when the minute changes -- it appears briefly then closes. This new behavior started right after I changed the custom date range in the events list view.

I managed to catch one of the popups with a screenshot. It's a completely empty reminder popup, I think it is for an event (not sure).

I fully shut down and relaunched the program but the behavior continues.

Kind regards,
--appyface

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Strange blank reminder window

Post by VueSoft » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi appyface, if I didn't know better I'd say your computer must be possessed. :twisted:

There have been some other changes to how reminders work in the next version. For example, it will now be possible to independently snooze popup reminders and desktop alerts that were defined for the same event. These changes required some modifications to how the reminder window gets commanded to display, so this might fix what you're seeing. The beta is probably 1-2 days from being ready.

In the meantime, you could go to the Reminder Options window and toggle the "Combine popup reminders into a single window" setting. That might also clear it up.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

appyface

Post by appyface » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 am

If I didn't know better I'd say it was possessed too :P All else working correctly here, so far... knock on wood!

FYI, a reboot solved the every-minute reminder window issue.

No rush on the beta (on my account) -- I'm swamped this week so it will likely not be until the weekend that I can devote some time to it anyway.

Kind regards,
--appyface

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:50 pm

The release-candidate beta has been completed and is available for download. Please click here for more detail and the download link.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

appyface

Post by appyface » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:42 am

Thanks, I'll get to that as soon as I can.

Kind regards,
--appyface