Google calender events as HTML

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
rjm01

Google calender events as HTML

Post by rjm01 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:25 pm

The google calender shows all the events in HTML form, where as all the other calenders show up in plain english. The family calender I subscribe to is also a google calender, but it is brought in as an ics address - no problems there. Help?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google calender events as HTML

Post by VueSoft » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you see HTML tags in VueMinder for events that were added to Google Calendar? What do the descriptions look like on Google Calendar? I didn't know you could enter HTML descriptions in a Google Calendar. Anyway, try switching the Event Editor to the "Formatted Text" tab. That should make the description appear correctly. If not, please let me know, along with some additional detail, so I can determine why you're seeing this and how to fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

This what i see

<span style="font-size:10pp"><a style="font-size:12pt"

etc - I think your program generates it because if I make any changes , they show up. I can't cut and paste the whole thing, otherwise I would.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks for the info. Are you seeing this when viewing the event in Google Calendar? VueMinder should be putting a plain text description into the Google Calendar event when syncing. It sounds like the formatted description is somehow getting inserted into the event on Google Calendar (assuming that's what you're seeing). I'll see if I can find what's causing this. Please let me know if I've misunderstood.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

rjm01

Post by rjm01 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:32 am

I am seeing this in the event detail of vueminder.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 am

What happens when you click the "Formatted Text" tab at the bottom of the text editor? Does it still show the HTML tags? Could you send a screenshot to support@vueminder.com? That would help me see what's going on. Thanks!
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:48 am

This problem has been corrected in version 7.4.0, which is now available. It was due to the calendar name having an "&" in it. The details pane was inserting that character into the text, which throws off the HTML rendering. It should be fixed now.
Dan Chartrand, Founder