Attempting to delete event offers to delete calendar instead

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
appyface

Attempting to delete event offers to delete calendar instead

Post by appyface » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:42 pm

I am clicking on an event in the List view (one that has 'occurences') and pressing 'delete' key.

Instead of receiving the pop-up asking to 'delete this occurence' or 'delete the series', I am getting a pop-up "Do you want to delete the calendar <my calendar name> and all its events?".

On some events I can simply open a recurring event and select 'open this occurence' from the pop-up, then cancel out of the event editor, then click onto a different recurring event, press the delete key, and get the offer to delete the calendar instead. Other times this works as expected.

So I'm still not able to recreate this consistently. I'll keep looking, unless you already know about this one?

Kind regards,
--appyface

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Attempting to delete event offers to delete calendar ins

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi appyface, thanks for letting me know about the problem. I haven't seen this one before. I've tried following the steps you described, but it's not happening for me. I think the problem is the "Delete" key is assigned to the Delete menu command, and the menu is sometimes intercepting the keypress before the Event List.

I'll keep working on replicating this problem. In the meantime, you might be able to fix this by removing the assignment of the Delete key to the menu "Delete" command. This can be accomplished by using the "Customize Menus and Keyboard" command on the Tools menu. Click the "Keyboard" button at the bottom of the window, and select the Edit -> Delete command from the list. Next, press the "Remove" button to clear the keyboard shortcut. If that doesn't fix it, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA