Will reminders pop up when VuMinder is closed?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
jwblue

Will reminders pop up when VuMinder is closed?

Post by jwblue » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Does VuMinder have to be running for a reminder to pop up?

I did a search in this forum and someone mentioned that VM when running uses 50MB of memory ? Is that still accurate?

If the Calendar is running in the background behind say a web browser, will a reminder appear in front the browser or will the calendar automatically move on top of the browser with the reminder?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Will reminders pop up when VuMinder is closed?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi jwblue, welcome to the forums.
Does VuMinder have to be running for a reminder to pop up?
VueMinder needs to be running in order for reminder window to be displayed, although it can be minimized to the task tray and continue to show reminders when they come due. While minimized, memory consumption will be reduced.
I did a search in this forum and someone mentioned that VM when running uses 50MB of memory ? Is that still accurate?
The memory use will vary depending on how much data you have defined, whether the program's main window is visible or minimized to the task tray, and how much system memory is available. The lower your available memory, the less memory VueMinder will use. Approximately 80-90% of the reported memory use is for memory caching, which helps the program run faster. Memory use of 50 MB is typical while the main window is visible, but most of that is cached memory. If you have less memory available, Windows will allocate less memory to VueMinder.
If the Calendar is running in the background behind say a web browser, will a reminder appear in front the browser or will the calendar automatically move on top of the browser with the reminder?
The popup reminder window has a checkbox at the bottom for controlled whether it always appears on top of other windows. This can also be adjusted via the Reminder Options window.

Thank you for trying VueMinder Calendar, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA