Calendar Crahed D:

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
fishyfish

Calendar Crahed D:

Post by fishyfish » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:15 pm

I think I killed the calendar :(
I think i accidentally put in an event that ended the day before it started (typo) and now whenr I open the calendar, I get an error message and I can no longer see the calender; all i see is a red X in a red box. How do i fix it?? D:

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Calendar Crahed D:

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 pm

:o It shouldn't have allowed you to do that. I've tried duplicating the problem, but whenever I enter a starting date that is after the beginning date, the dates automatically fix themselves.

I'm not sure how you were able to get it into this state, but you can fix it by selecting the "Restore Data" command from the File menu. There should be some automatic backups listed. Try selecting one of the backups generated before you made the change (if you recall when this happened), and then click the Restore button. If you still see the red X, try restarting the program. And if you still see the X after that, try restoring from an older backup until you find one that doesn't have the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

fishyfish

Post by fishyfish » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:57 pm

I tried all the backups, but none of them worked. I've also tried restarting the program numerous times (this problem started yesterday by the way). I was going to attach a screenshot, but it was too big, so I was going to take another one, but now I can't even open the program!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

One of your previous backups should have worked. Try this... there's a utility that will completely reset the data. You can download it using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

Make sure VueMinder is fully exited before running this tool. Unzip to a folder of your choice and then run the file named “ResetData.exe”. This will clear out all the data, which should allow VueMinder to correctly load again. After restarting VueMinder, use the “File -> Restore Data” command to restore your data. The ResetData utility will clear all backup history, so you’ll need to click the “Browse” button on the Restore Data window to locate a previous backup. If you don't remember the backup path, you can search your drive for ".vbackup" files, or check if there's a Backup folder in the private data folder specified under the Program Options. Try selecting a backup from before the problem started happening. I'm pretty sure that should fix it, but please let me know if it doesn't.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

fishyfish

Post by fishyfish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Ok that worked, thanks a lot