Sync with Google Calendar does not include Alerts?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Snacko

Sync with Google Calendar does not include Alerts?

Post by Snacko » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi,

I am using the Lite version and love it. I have Google Calendars syncing to VueMinder Lite. But I have "Popup Reminders" set on many of my Google Calender Events, and when they Sync it to VueMinder they do not have any alerts and don't popup. :o

Is this not a feature of the Lite version? Or is there something I am missing or something else wrong?? :?

Thanks,
Snacko

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync with Google Calendar does not include Alerts?

Post by VueSoft » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Snacko, welcome to the forums. VueMinder doesn't sync reminders with Google Calendar. However, this is something I'm planning to add in the future.

Currently, there is a workaround in the Pro version, where you can define the default reminder settings in VueMinder for any new events created on Google Calendar. When a new event is synced, it will automatically have default reminders enabled. These won't necessarily match the reminder settings for the event defined in Google Calendar, but it's an improvement over the Lite version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Snacko

Re: Sync with Google Calendar does not include Alerts?

Post by Snacko » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks Dan!

For now, I guess I will have to figure a way around it. Stuff that I definitely want to pop-up a reminder on my pc I will have to manually enter in VM.