Hide 'location' on desktop calendar?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
fishyfish

Hide 'location' on desktop calendar?

Post by fishyfish » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Is there any way to not have the location show up beside an event name on the desktop calendar?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Hide 'location' on desktop calendar?

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi fishyfish, welcome to the forums. If the event title is short enough, the location will be shown. Currently, the only way to make the location not appear is to either not enter a location for the event, or use an event title that is long enough for the location to not be displayed. You can also resize the desktop calendar smaller, which will also cause event locations to be hidden.

The next version (Pro only) is being improved to allow word-wrapping in the Month view and variable levels of detail. In other words, starting times, ending times, and event locations will be able to be toggled on or off in the Month view and Desktop Calendar. Is that the type of capability you're looking for?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

fishyfish

Post by fishyfish » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes that is exactly the type of customization I am looking for (it would be nice if it was for the free version too tough, because that kind of thing would make users happy and I don't think that is something people would really feel the need to pay for anyway). Now the only problem is that the calendar barely fits on my desktop with all my icons :P

Also, I think it would be a good idea to look in to a way to make it lighter, so it boots up faster, because it is slowing down my computer's start-up time.

Thanks for the prompt reply though :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm all about making users happy, but I have kids to feed. Think of the children! ;)

Regarding startup time, Windows is probably assigning a lower CPU priority to VueMinder at startup, so it takes longer to load. You can turn off the option to load at Windows startup via the Program Options window, and then manually start it via the desktop or Start menu shortcut. It should load a lot faster then, and won't slow down your computer because it is already light on resources (0% CPU and usually around 10-30 MB RAM when running in the background).

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions/suggestions, and thank you for the feedback.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

fishyfish

Post by fishyfish » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Ok thanks for your help! : :mrgreen: