Current date colour in Week View

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
IanHooker

Current date colour in Week View

Post by IanHooker » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 am

Hi,

Any ideas how I can highlight the current day more in the Week View?

I find the orange coloured day box and line round the day do not make today stand out well enough. :|

I tried setting the the Current Date Color in Options/Appearance, but it only worked on the Month view - but not the Week view.

Thanks

Ian

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Current date colour in Week View

Post by VueSoft » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi Ian, currently there's no option to change the highlight color in the Week view. You might try some of the alternative appearance themes (via the Appearance Options) window, to see if you find one that highlights the date in the Week view more to your liking.

If you'd like to customize the highlight color, you can use the "Customize Appearance Theme" command on the Tools menu. This launches a tool allowing the appearance theme to be modified to your heart's content. The tool definitely has a learning curve, but I think it's easier than trying to learn the XML schema that some other calendar programs use for designing custom skins. It's a WSISYG editor, meaning you can instantly see how the window will appear after making various customizations.

There's a walkthrough in the blog that might help you get started. I've use the editor to generate a new appearance theme (click to download) that highlights the current date a neon purple in the Week View. To use this example theme, extract it to the directory where VueMinder was installed (C:\Program Files\...) and then select it from the Appearance Options window.

Ugly? Maybe. But it definitely grabs the eye. :shock:

You can tweak this theme file using the editor, or generate your own using one of the other appearance themes as a starting point. For example, if you'd rather have a bright green highlight instead of purple, it's a pretty simple change, once you learn how the theme editor works. If you have questions about using the theme editor, please let me know.

For any Lite version users reading this and wondering what the heck I'm talking about, the appearance theme files and editor are only in the Pro version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

IanHooker

Post by IanHooker » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:34 am

Thanks Dan,

I've been 'playing' with it. And what I'm after is to use a different colour for the DayViewTimeSlot(Non)Working Hour controls for only the Currrent Day. I I don't suppose there's a DayViewTimeSlotCurrentDay (or similar) control. :?

Thanks again anyway.

Ian

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Unfortunately, there's no way to differentiate between timeslots in the current date and those in other dates. The appearance theme editor will only allow the border and header colors to be modified for the current date.

I'll improve the next version so the current date highlight color specified in the Appearance Options will also be used in the Day and Week views instead of just the Month view. A response to this thread will be posted once this improvement is available. Thank you for the suggestion!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA