Version 7.3.0 quirks

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ipbr21054

Version 7.3.0 quirks

Post by ipbr21054 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 pm

When i start the pc & the icons are starting to load in the taskbar i see a dark green empty box in the top right corner of my screen say 3x3 inch as if there was going to be a small desktop calander loading,then it goes away.

Also when i click on the icon to open up the calander for the first time i see a quick display of multiple layers of how the calander is put together,then the calander is shown correctly,not sure if this is the way to describe it but you get what i am trying to say.

Also I have noticed every now and then on the left hand side of my calander where i have the details pane the navigation pane and calander pane is shown ?
Looking in the view tab on the toolbar neither of these have a tick beside it so technicaly should not be shown.
I have to select the pane in question to get the tick to be shown then deselect it to make the tick go away,i need on occasions to do this 2 or 3 times for the pane to be removed from the left hand side of the screen.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Version 7.3.0 quirks

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

The small square you're seeing momentarily appear while the program loads is the new mini-desktop calendar. Since you're probably using the desktop calendar in full mode, the mini calendar is immediately hidden after it loads. I'll work on fixing this for the next version. It's not really harming anything, just something you might notice as the program starts.

As for the main window views being shown as the program starts, this is another thing that happens while the program is loading into memory. I'll try to find a way to make the window stay hidden until it finishes assembling itself. Note, this isn't affecting the functionality of the program. Also, if you have the program configured to load minimized at Windows startup, you'll probably never see this. Regardless, I'll see what I can do for the next release.

I'm not sure why you're seeing the inconsistency between the menu and window layout. I'm not able to replicate this problem. Are there some repeatable steps where you see this happen consistently?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:43 am

Regarding the second question the programe is set to minimize to task tray when windows starts.

No certain just now and then but if not selected why show it ?
I will keep and eye on it.

These do not change the operation of thge software as it stils works well but thought i would tell you.
Last edited by ipbr21054 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bucksnort

Post by Bucksnort » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:06 pm

ipbr21054 wrote:When i start the pc & the icons are starting to load in the taskbar i see a dark green empty box in the top right corner of my screen say 3x3 inch as if there was going to be a small desktop calander loading,then it goes away.

Also when i click on the icon to open up the calander for the first time i see a quick display of multiple layers of how the calander is put together,then the calander is shown correctly,not sure if this is the way to describe it but you get what i am trying to say.

Also I have noticed every now and then on the left hand side of my calander where i have the details pane the navigation pane and calander pane is shown ?
Looking in the view tab on the toolbar neither of these have a tick beside it so technicaly should not be shown.
I have to select the pane in question to get the tick to be shown then deselect it to make the tick go away,i need on occasions to do this 2 or 3 times for the pane to be removed from the left hand side of the screen.

I can confirm all of this and also it does not remember the view settings ie clock, the dragged window width, nav panel.

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:41 am

Below is a screen shot showing neither the navigation pane or calander pane selected BUT bot keep appearing on my screen.

Bucksnort

Post by Bucksnort » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Are we going to get a fix for this fubare'd release????

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm working on it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi when do you think a update will be ready for this issue as this is driving me nuts EVERY day ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:43 pm

I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm shooting for the end of the month, but it could be longer depending on how long beta testing takes. There are a number of other improvements and corrections also going into the next release, so it will take some time to ensure everything is working properly.

In the meantime, there is a workaround. When shutting down Windows or exiting VueMinder, first ensure the main window is visible (not minimized to the task tray). The window layout will then be properly saved, and the next time the program starts, the previous layout should be restored. I know it's a hassle, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please be assured I'm working as quickly as possible on getting the next version completed and tested.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Keep getting the same issue so am i not doing what the work around should do ?
I have removed the tick from minimize to tray when windows starts.
I now have the calander how it should look.
I then close the calander by clicking the red cross top right.
Now when i shut down the pc you say that the next time it is switched on the calander should be the same,as i see the same problem with the items being shown on the left hand side of the screen even when not selected.

Sorry to have real basic step by step instructions shown above but i dont see any difference.
Just a thought,cant you release a update with the problem fixed so we dont have to wait until the end of the month "11 days" or even longer ??
To be honest using the calander each day like this can be a real pain,such a small issue can be such a larger headache.

What are your thoughts on a quick fix update.