Printing only certain categories

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
akapune

Printing only certain categories

Post by akapune » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Hello,

I am just evaluating the actual Pro version and I want to know if there is a possibility to print a summary of the events of a certain category only (including the description).

Thank you and kind regards
Albert

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Printing only certain categories

Post by VueSoft » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi Albert, welcome to the forums and thank you for trying the Pro version. Yes, it is possible to do what you've described, when using the "List" print style. Here's how:

1. Click the "List" tab to activate the List view. Click the "Events" sub-tab, if it's not already active.

2. Adjust the date range to cover all the events you want to print.

3. Ensure the "Category" and "Description" columns are visible. If needed, right-click the column header and select these columns to make them visible. Also, if there are columns you don't need to see in the printout, you can hide those.

4. In the "Category" column header, you'll see a funnel icon. Click this funnel to enable filtering. Place a checkmark only next to the category you want printed. Other events will be hidden. If you have version 7.3.0, you can alternatively filter using the Categories tab in the Calendar Items area, by unchecking the categories you don't want to see.

5. Select the "Print Preview" command from the File menu. The layout should default to the List style, since the List view is active. If it doesn't, then select the List layout style.

5. Click the Page Setup button and ensure the page orientation is set to landscape and the margins are small, like 0.5 inches or less. This will make the list easier to read, especially if you have longer event descriptions.

6. Click the Print button to continue printing.

Alternatively, you can export the list to Excel and print from there. This is accomplished by clicking the "List" button in the upper-right corner of the Event List, and then clicking the "Export to Excel" command. You'll need Excel installed in order for this to work.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if these instructions are unclear or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

akapune

Re: Printing only certain categories

Post by akapune » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:55 am

Thank you very much for your quick answer. The printing works as I expected.

VueMinder is a great program and I think Ill register it.

Kind regards
Albert