VueMinder Pro unresponsive on start up

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Nippers

VueMinder Pro unresponsive on start up

Post by Nippers » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I have to say I really liked VueMinder Lite 7.2.1. I thought I would check out the Pro.

Unfortunately, Pro has not worked since I installed it. It gets to the registration popup, click Continue, and it gets to about half way on the load up, then stops moving, becomes (Not Responding). I get no error messages. it just stops half way.

I tried to reinstall Lite, but it says that there is already another version on my computer (the pro) so it quits the installation. I don't want to lose the data I have already input, but I would really like to go back to Lite. At least THAT version worked!

Techy info:
VueMinder Calendar Pro 7.2.1
Windows 7 Pro
Acer Aspire One computer

Nippers

Re: VueMinder Pro unresponsive on start up

Post by Nippers » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Ok I restarted my computer, on the off chance that that needed to be done. It seems to have fixed the problem.

But, I would still like to know if I can get the Lite version back without losing all the data I have entered to date? Just in case I decide not to purchase the Pro version after all.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:57 pm

The problem you were seeing with the Pro version loading has been fixed for the next version, which will be released within a few days. It's an intermittent problem, and something I never saw in my previous testing of 7.2.1.

If you choose to return to the Lite version, you can do so without losing any data (except notes and tasks, of course, since these aren't provided in the Lite version). Here's how:

1. Exit VueMinder Calendar Pro by right-clicking the task tray icon and selecting 'Exit'.

2. Open the Control Panel and go to the section where programs can be uninstalled. This might be called "Add or Remove Programs" or "Uninstall a program", depending on which version of Windows you're using and how your Control Panel is organized (I swear Microsoft did this just to make it difficult to explain how to uninstall a program!).

3. You should see a list of all the installed programs. Scroll down until you see VueMinder Calendar Pro, and then uninstall it. Note, uninstalling does not remove any user data. This was the piece you were missing in your previous attempt.

4. Download and install the latest Lite version.

5. After the Lite version starts, you'll see all the same events you had while using the Pro version trial.

I hope that helps, and that you'll wait for the next version (7.3) to be released before making a decision on whether to return to the Lite version. Version 7.3 has a lot of new goodies that are in the Pro version only, not to mention bug corrections including the one that fixes the problem you were seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 pm

As promised, the problem has been fixed in version 7.3, which is now available for download. The easiest way to update is to select the "Check for Updates" command from the Help menu. If you returned to the Lite version and would like to give the Pro version another try, you can do so by clicking the "Upgrade to Pro" button at the top of the window. Version 7.3 will be downloaded and installed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA