Stop Sharing Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
johnmouse

Stop Sharing Calendar

Post by johnmouse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 am

Hello;

New to VueMinder. I originally set this up on my laptop, and wanted to save the calendar on one of my networked drives. It finally (after 2 days) became obvious that I had to have created the calendar on the computer that I wanted to be the actual host.

That, aside, I now wish to "unshare" the calendar and just use the backup/restore to transfer. On the laptop, I have unticked all of the share options, did a back up. On the desktop (ie "server") I deleted the calendar, then a restore from my portable hard drive. Didn't work.

I can't seem to tell the programs on each computer to stop sharing (they're so polite, I guess!). Please help; I really don't want to have to re-create my calendar for the entire year!

I'm planning on buying the pro version if I can get it to work. Otherwise I'll be forced to go back to Outlook, which I detest!

JJ

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Stop Sharing Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi JJ, welcome to the forums. To disable calendar sharing, right-click the shared calendar name in your list of calendars and select 'Calendar Properties' (or press F2). Go to the 'Sharing' tab in the Calendar Properties window and then uncheck the 'Share this calendar' box. You may need to do this on both computers, if you use the same login name on both. Also, go to the Program Options window and clear out the path specified for the shared data location, so other things like category and priority colors won't be shared anymore.

That being said, calendar sharing should be a much easier way of keeping data in sync between your desktop and laptop than using the backup/restore mechanism. If you'd like to change the shared data folder to be on your desktop instead of laptop, you can do this in the Program Options window. This will need to be done on both computers so they'll be looking at the same shared data folder.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions, and thank you for trying VueMinder Calendar Pro!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

johnmouse

Re: Stop Sharing Calendar

Post by johnmouse » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 pm

SOLVED
Beautiful! Thanks! It was the Program Options shared path name I needed to clear. (Boy, do I feel stupid!)
Now I can play around some more, now that I know how the shared folder works, and get all 3 computers to share VMC.

JJ