VueMinder Pro, in Category view: new events do not use the properties of the Default category

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
JustSomeVMUser

VueMinder Pro, in Category view: new events do not use the properties of the Default category

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:07 pm

I have VuneMinder set to 'colour events' according to 'categories'. My 'default category' has a particular font size. When I create a new event, it does not have that font size? Why? Thanks for any help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Pro, in Category view: new events do not use the properties of the Default category

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:21 pm

Can you verify the new event is associated with the default category (and not a blank category)? Please open the Event Editor and make sure the category name is specified in the "Category" field. Also, make sure a custom appearance hasn't been applied to the event, which will override the category appearance. Click the "Appearance" tab on the Event Editor and uncheck "Use a custom appearance" if it's checked.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please send screenshots to support@vueminder.com showing the calendar view, the event editor, and the category editor with your default category selected. Hopefully something in the screenshots will provide me a clue on why you're seeing this problem, since it's not something I'm able to duplicate.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Pro, in Category view: new events do not use the properties of the Default category

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:27 pm

Also, please open the Calendar Properties window, click the “Event Defaults” tab, and select the desired default category in the “Category” field. Any new events should be associated with the specified category by default, instead of a blank category. Note, this won’t affect previously created events.
https://www.vueminder.com/products/vuem ... ntdefaults
Dan Chartrand, Founder

JustSomeVMUser

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:22 am

[P]lease open the Calendar Properties window, click the “Event Defaults” tab, and select the desired default category in the “Category” field. Any new events should be associated with the specified category by default, instead of a blank category.
Thank you - that is the solution. It is strange, though, to have a category called 'default' if that category need not be the default. Or did I create that category, i.e. does Vueminder - by, er, default - lack a category called 'default'?

JustSomeVMUser

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:09 am

So . . is it or is it not the case that VueMinder has, out of the box, a category called 'default' that is not the default category? I'd appreciate an answer. Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Yes, there's a predefined category named "Default". You can use it as a default category if you'd like. You could also delete or rename the category.
Dan Chartrand, Founder