I am a new user. I have a few questions

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
johncesta

I am a new user. I have a few questions

Post by johncesta » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Hello, I am a new user. I have a few questions I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

1. When I delete google contacts in vueminder and the sync, do those contacts get removed from Google as well?

2. Is there a way to collapse and expand the groups when viewing contacts?
3. Is there a way to SAVE filters for use later?
4. I noticed in the forum 10 years ago (haha) there was a discussion on printing labels. Is that feature available yet?

Thanks for your help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: I am a new user. I have a few questions

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi johncesta, welcome to the forums.
1. When I delete google contacts in vueminder and the sync, do those contacts get removed from Google as well?
By default, VueMinder won't sync contact deletions. If you've already configured VueMinder to sync contacts, and would like to sync deletions as well, click the "Share -> Google Contact Sync" menu command and check the box labeled "Sync contact deletions".
2. Is there a way to collapse and expand the groups when viewing contacts?
You can expand or collapse groups in the contact list by clicking the + button to the left of the group name, or by double-clicking the group name.
3. Is there a way to SAVE filters for use later?
You can save and load filters by clicking the Gear button in the upper-right corner of the contact list. There are "Filter -> Save Current Filter" and "Filter -> Load Filter" menu commands.
4. I noticed in the forum 10 years ago (haha) there was a discussion on printing labels. Is that feature available yet?
Please see my response in the other thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=380&sid=b15ea2fe761 ... e2aa6569fd
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

johncesta

Post by johncesta » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:36 am

Thank you sir.

1. It seems as though when I sync google contacts then delete some in vueminder then sync again they reappear in vueminder. This though isn't really a concern too mush for me I just won't sync google contacts. I thought if I could it would be a good way to clean up google contacts.

2. I can see how to save and load the filters but I don't see any where to assign the filter a name and return to it at a later date. I am looking for a way to save filters and later see a list of saved filters.

3. As far as the groups I can see how to open and close the groups but what I am looking for is a way to suppress the display of each group and just display a list of all the contacts record by record.

Thanks again

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:58 pm

1. It seems as though when I sync google contacts then delete some in vueminder then sync again they reappear in vueminder. This though isn't really a concern too mush for me I just won't sync google contacts. I thought if I could it would be a good way to clean up google contacts.
VueMinder currently syncs with the Google Contacts API, which is no longer supported by Google. I'm currently working on the next version of VueMinder, which will sync with the new Google People API, and should fix the problem you're seeing.
2. I can see how to save and load the filters but I don't see any where to assign the filter a name and return to it at a later date. I am looking for a way to save filters and later see a list of saved filters.
The filter should be saved to a file name that you specify. There appears to be a bug here. I'll fix this in the next version.
3. As far as the groups I can see how to open and close the groups but what I am looking for is a way to suppress the display of each group and just display a list of all the contacts record by record.
Right-click a column header and select "Show Group By Box". Click and drag the "Group" column box outside of the Group By box. This will result in a flat list that is not grouped by any column value.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

johncesta

Post by johncesta » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:16 pm

Thanks for your help Dan. I appreciate it. And thanks for sticking with me and all my questions.