Locking panel sizes

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Lozz

Locking panel sizes

Post by Lozz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:06 am

Hello,

I have two questions: one about locking panel sizes, and the other about locking column sizes within panels.

I currently have Vueminder setup with the "Details" panel on the left; the main "Calendar" panel as the main panel, located to the right of the "Details" panel and at the top; the last panel is at the bottom under the "Calendar" panel, and this has 4 tabs - "Tasks," "Contacts," "Timeline," and "Notes."

The first issue is when I start Vueminder, the "Calendar" panel and the "Task" panel take up half the vertical space each. I have to resize the "Task" panel so it takes up less than a third of the screen, otherwise it is too difficult to read what's going on in the "Calendar" panel. This is not a big problem, more of an inconvenience that I have to do this every time I start the program. Is there a way I can lock the size?

The second issue is more important (at least for me). In the "Task" panel I have 6 columns: Task "Title" (a text col.); "Ref." (a custom drop down list); "Links" (text col.); and 3 others. The problem is with the "Ref." column - it contains a 5 digit number, but when I start Vueminder this column is always 2-3times wider than the number, so I always have to resize it in order to see the subsequent columns. None of the other columns change size and always remain at their set size. Is there a way to lock this column size, or might it be something in the way I have set up the custom field?

Version: Vueminder Ultimate 2021.02

Thanks in advance

Laurence

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Locking panel sizes

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:17 pm

Hi Laurence, I'm not able to duplicate the problem with needing to resize the Task panel after restarting VueMinder, or needing to resize columns. It's possible reinstalling VueMinder will fix these problems. You can uninstall via the Control Panel (this won't remove any data). Make sure to download the latest version from the VueMinder website before reinstalling:
https://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

Does that fix it? If not, could you send some screenshots to support@vueminder.com, so I can try arranging my window and Task list exactly like yours, and test to see if I can get the same behavior?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Lozz

Post by Lozz » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi Dan,

thanks for the quick response. I did as you suggested and this fixed the first issue (resizing the Task panel)- thanks.

The problem with the column adjustment, however, is the same. I will send you an email with some screen shots.

Thanks
Laurence

Emdee

Post by Emdee » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:39 pm

I seem to have a similar problem. For my application, I have the navigation, calendars and details stacked vertically on the left. Their relative sizes change from day to day when I start up. Perhaps what is most intriguing is that the details are unticked and still show up. As I also have that loss of automatic backup problem, I thought I would just wait until the next update comes. Let me see what that update fixes before I get concerned.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Hi Emdee, have you tried reinstalling? That should fix it. Otherwise the problem will be fixed in the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA