Problem opening synced events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dbrn

Problem opening synced events

Post by dbrn » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Hi Dan,

My VM calendar is synced to a workplace Google calendar. Two problems have come up with events that are (a) recurring, and (b) invitations from others:

First, when those events are synced into my VM calendar, my VM Event defaults are not applied despite having that option selected in the Sync tab of the calendar Properties (and they are applied for other events synced from Google).

Second, when I try to open such Events in VM by double-clicking and selecting either 'open this event' or 'open the series', VM hangs until it shuts down or pops an error box with a 'SystemOutOfMemory' message.

Thank you,

Danny

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Problem opening synced events

Post by VueSoft » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi Danny, I apologize for the problem. The "event defaults" feature is only used for new events that you create, not events that are created externally by other people.

Regarding the "out of memory" error, would it be possible for you to share your calendar with my Google account, so I can debug the problem? To share your calendar, please follow these steps:

1. On the Google Calendar webpage, click the drop-down arrow to the right of your calendar’s name.
2. Select “Share this calendar” from the drop-down.
3. Enter the email address (support@vueminder.com) under “Share with specific people”. Make sure the Permission Settings are set to “See all event details”.
4. Click the Save button. Google will send me a notification letting me know the calendar has been shared.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA