Linking to Exchange Server

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
acrooks

Linking to Exchange Server

Post by acrooks » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:53 am

Hi there - I can do this fine when Outlook is running on the same machine as VueMinder but when I try to connect to the same Exchange mailbox from another machine running VueMinder I basically keep getting the bad XML error message. I've tried lots of things and even asked my Exchange hoster but no luck. I'm running the latest VueMinder Ultimate. Any suggestions?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Linking to Exchange Server

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:54 am

Hi acrooks, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure why having Outlook running locally would have anything to do with the response that comes back from Exchange Server when attempting to connect. I think the problem might be due to something else, possibly a firewall or other difference on the computer where the problem is occurring.

Who are you using for your Exchange host? If you're using Office 365 with Exchange Online, then I'd recommend trying the "File -> Add Calendar -> Microsoft 365 or Office 365" menu command for adding the calendar. More details can be found here:
https://www.vueminder.com/blog/post/wha ... -calendars
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

acrooks

Post by acrooks » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:59 am

Thanks Dan

URL for my exchange server is https://mail.premium.exchange/owa/#path=/mail - I have checked the firewall (Windows 10 latest build Defender) and VueMinder Ultimate is an allowed app.

Any ideas?

Alan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:48 am

That server URL is for Outlook web access (which is only used in a web browser). There should be a different URL for Exchange Web Services (EWS) access. VueMinder can usually determine the server URL using the Autodiscover service when you enter your email address (mailbox name). Did you have to enter a server URL manually?

Could you send a screenshot of the "Connect to Exchange Server" window to support@vueminder.com? Also, a screenshot of the error message would help.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

acrooks

Post by acrooks » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:15 am

Hi Dan - apologies for the delay in replying.

It doesn't recognise the email address and asks for a URL and then I get the invalid XML error.

- I've attached three screenshots
Attachments
Vueminder Exchange error 3.jpg
Vueminder Exchange error 3.jpg (12.36 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
Vueminder Exchange error 2.jpg
Vueminder Exchange error 2.jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
Vueminder Exchange error 1.jpg
Vueminder Exchange error 1.jpg (22.03 KiB) Viewed 1254 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:36 am

Hi Alan, try unchecking the "Use default credentials" box. Enter your username (probably the same as your email address) and password. Do you still get an error after doing that?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

acrooks

Post by acrooks » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:26 am

Thanks Dan - that's done it - I assumed the username was enquiries but actually it wanted the whole email address - it's a great app and great support - Alan :)