localhost connection error

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dbrn

localhost connection error

Post by dbrn » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi Dan,

I'm running a fully updated version of Vueminder Ultimate. I'm trying to re-connect to an existing Google calendar that I previously connected to without issue. When the "Vueminder wants to access your Google Account" window comes up and I click Allow, I repeatedly get the error "Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:62480." I've tried deleting the calendar and starting over, and un/reinstalling VM, but the error always persists. Help!

Thank you,

Danny

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: localhost connection error

Post by VueSoft » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:19 am

Hi Danny, I’m not sure what is causing this issue. The only suggestion I have that might fix the problem would be to run cmd.exe as administrator and then enter the following command (there's a space after the equal sign and not before):

Code: Select all

sc config http start= demand
Reboot after entering this command and then try authorizing VueMinder to access Google Calendar again. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dbrn

Post by dbrn » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:59 pm

Hi Dan,

I tried that multiple times, including after uninstalling VM and then reinstalling it. The command was always successful, but the same problem always occurs. I've never seen this before on this machine or any other. Hope you can help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi Danny, thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure what is causing the problem. I think there's some security setting on your computer which is preventing the connection.

I've updated VueMinder to use the latest Google Calendar and Google OAuth APIs. It's possible that updating to the new version of VueMinder will fix the problem you're seeing. To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA