New Event: Description: text entry problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Bill D

New Event: Description: text entry problem

Post by Bill D » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:26 pm

In the "Description" area in the "New Event" dialog box, when I type text there all is normal until I type a letter h. Then "Review" becomes underlined, the cursor jumps to "Find this text" and the letter h is entered in the find text box just as if I was typing in there. If I then continue typing that goes into the find text box too. This happens with both upper case H and lower case h. It doesn't happen with any of the other upper case or lower case letters, or with numbers or any of the commoner punctuation characters.
If I select "Format" I can then type in the "Description" area again, but when I next hit an h the same problem happens.
I can paste text containing letter h into the "Description" area with no problems.
I'm using Vueminder Pro on a desktop pc running Win 10, and I just recently updated to 2020.06. I'm not sure whether this started happening immediately after the update or a little later. I have Vueminder Pro 2020.03 on a second pc running Win 10, and the problem isn't happening there using the same keyboard with that pc.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: New Event: Description: text entry problem

Post by VueSoft » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi Bill, welcome to the forums. Please use the “uninstall a program” area of the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder. This won’t remove any data. After uninstalling, download and reinstall from the page linked below:
https://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

Please let me know if that doesn’t fix the problem or if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:44 pm

Thanks, Dan, I'll try that.

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Brilliant, problem solved - many thanks for a swift and effective solution!

Emdee

Post by Emdee » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 am

I encountered the same problem and found your entry. I did the uninstall-reinstall and it worked perfectly for me as well.