Anyone else having the Vueminder icon disappear from the tray every so often?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
JustSomeVMUser

Anyone else having the Vueminder icon disappear from the tray every so often?

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 am

On my Windows 10 system - on both Windows 10 1903 and 1909 - sometimes VueMinder's icon disappears from the tray, making the program hard to launch. It's pretty irritating. It's been going on for a while. Anyone else suffering from this? Anything that can be done (aside from exiting and restarting the program - and not just the window - for, that fixes it)? I've VueMinder Pro 2020.03

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Anyone else having the Vueminder icon disappear from the tray every so often?

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Sorry, I haven't seen that behavior or had any other reports. It sounds like it might be a Windows 10 problem. Is the icon just getting hidden? Try going into your taskbar settings. Under the "Notification area", click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and make sure VueMinder is enabled.

If that doesn't fix it, maybe VueMinder is getting forcibly closed by something else - possibly an errant antivirus program. Try adding an exception for VueMinder to see if that fixes it.

If your antivirus software isn't killing VueMinder, maybe reinstalling will fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

JustSomeVMUser

Re: Anyone else having the Vueminder icon disappear from the tray every so often?

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Hello! I hope you are well. Here is a belated reply - because I still have the problem.

The problem seems to occur when - or on some occasions when - the computer resumes from suspend.

You speak of antiVirus programs but I have no realtime anti-malware program except Windows Defender. And VueMinder is in fact still running - I can see it is in task managers. The problem is that the icon does not show in the tray (nor in the tray overflow section). Also, I've reinstalled Vueminder various times and to no avail.

JustSomeVMUser

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Ah: [ur=https://www.novirusthanks.org/products/ ... -refresh/l]this program[/url], that I have installed, might be the problem. I am testing at the moment and will report back.

JustSomeVMUser

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:01 am

Solved. The problem was that tray-cleaning program - which I'd forgotten I had running.