Text not shown in details pain.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ipbr21054

Text not shown in details pain.

Post by ipbr21054 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Today i have noticed that the text in each of my events is not shown in the details pane.
The text is shown in the events description ok but not in the details pane.
I first noticed this as the pc was loading,i mean i get a page pop up with a message on it saying something about details option in the view menu ?
This white page loads each time i start the pc.
I have dissabled vueminder in msconfig and restarted the pc and no white page loads,restarted pc 4 times to test this.
As soon as i enable vueminder again the white page loads at every pc start up.
Screen shots supplied below.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Text not shown in details pain.

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Have you tried reinstalling VueMinder? If that doesn't fix it, you might need to reinstall/repair the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. The following link provides instructions for Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908077/EN-US
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:52 am

I have tried the net framework but that did not change anything.
Reinstalling vueminder do i need to remove it by using the add and remove folder if so where can i download the programme file to reistall it again.I did look but only found a trial version please supply a link thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:32 pm

To uninstall, go to the "Add or Remove Programs" area in the Control Panel. Look for VueMinder Calendar Pro in the list, and then click the Remove button. FYI - this is the normal method of uninstalling most Windows applications. Note, your data and license information won't be removed. You can then download the latest version here. Hopefully that will clear it up.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:45 pm

I have just carried out the above but nothing has changed in respect of text in details pane and the white page at start up.
If you remember i had a white blank image on the screen at start up where the clock was situated and you told me x amount of files to delete and upon a restart the files would be reinstalled new and fresh,this then worked for that would that be worth a try if so i need them again.

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:57 am

Hi i did you receive a reply to the aboce post.
I need to resolve this issue.

I have done the following.
Repaired the net framework but no change.
Reinstalled vueminder but no change.
Deleted the net framework and restart pc so windows will detect and then update the framework to the currect version but no change.
Reninstalled vueminder again but no change.
I have noticed that if i do not select vie details from the toolbar when i start the pc no blank page is shown on the screen.
As soon as i select to view the details each time pc starts the blank page loads.
I have twie had the following happen,when i select and event no text is shown in the detials pane but a white page loads with the description text ??

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:13 am

I thought reinstalling the .NET Framework would have cleared it up, but maybe there's something else wrong too.

Could you try reinstalling Internet Explorer? If that doesn't fix it, and if you haven't made a lot of other changes to your Windows installation, could you use System Restore to go back to a point where this was working? It's starting to look like a Windows installation/configuration problem to me.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:44 am

Just some advice before i do the next step.
In add/remove programs there is IE7 in the main list and also if you look to the left and click add/remove windows components IE7 is there as well.
I have removed IE7 from the list on the left,restarted pc then installed it again.
But stil the same.
If i remove IE7 from the main list will it affect anything that is dependant on it as a box pops up asking me with a long list of programes with in ?

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:53 am

I have carried out a system restore for 2 different dates but still the same.
After th pc started i opened vuesoft but no change,then when i tried it again all i got was this error message.
No matter how many times i tried it was all the same.
I have had to restore back to todays date in order for the calander to load,but i still have this issue.

Also when you reply do you remember that you emailed me a list of files to delete from the vueminder folder files regarding event list,docking etc etc i cant remember them all but i think there were about 6? as i have tried everything else i would like to give this ago as i have nothing to lose.
I think i deleted them as a had the clock symbol on the desktop at startup and when i restarted the pc the files that i deleted were replaced with new fresh files and the issue had gone.

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:19 am

I've emailed you a link to a tool that will reset VueMinder back to its original state after a clean install, deleting all of its data files and settings. It will clear any data you have, so you might want to perform a backup if you haven't already. Note, I don't think this will fix the problem, but I guess it's worth a shot. The other alternative would be to turn off the Details pane and use tooltips instead, but I understand if that's not acceptable.
Dan Chartrand, Founder