A perhaps final request for help with debugging

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
JustSomeVMUser

A perhaps final request for help with debugging

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello. I've posted here before about how VueMinder Pro started being very slow to draw the windows for events or tasks, at least when - and I am unsure I mentioned this before - the window is approximately half the size of my (2560x1440) screen, or larger. Even dragging windows - VueMinder event windows - to resize them seems slow. The problem started some five months ago.

Attempted solutions that failed include: reinstalling VueMinder; exporting all data from VueMinder, removing the data and reimporting it; repairing .net; changing the drive on which the data is stored; reinstalling my (Nvidia) graphics drivers; installing older versions of those drivers. I did find that when performing the problematic operations my GPU (not CPU) usage spiked. My video card: Nvidia

I lack another Windows computer on which to compare another instance of VueMinder, and I lack another video card that I can easily swap in. I can add that my current installation of Windows seems to be in decent shape. (For everything else works, including even an update from Windows 10 1903 to 1909.

I am techy (though more so on Linux than Windows). What I need is help, from someone with relevant knowledge, about how to (further) debug this problem. This is perhaps a similar problem.

Thanks.

JustSomeVMUser

Re: A perhaps final request for help with debugging

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:37 pm

JustSomeVMUser wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:15 pm
Hello. I've posted here before about how VueMinder Pro started being very slow to draw the windows for events or tasks, at least when - and I am unsure I mentioned this before - the window is approximately half the size of my (2560x1440) screen, or larger. Even dragging windows - VueMinder event windows - to resize them seems slow. The problem started some five months ago.

Attempted solutions that failed include: reinstalling VueMinder; exporting all data from VueMinder, removing the data and reimporting it; repairing .net; changing the drive on which the data is stored; reinstalling my (Nvidia) graphics drivers; installing older versions of those drivers; doing a deep purge of the Nvidia software. I did find that when performing the problematic operations my GPU (not CPU) usage spiked. My video card: Nvidia GT 1030.

I lack another Windows computer on which to compare another instance of VueMinder, and I lack another video card that I can easily swap in. I can add that my current installation of Windows seems to be in decent shape. (For everything else works, including even an update from Windows 10 1903 to 1909.

I am techy (though more so on Linux than Windows). What I need is help, from someone with relevant knowledge, about how to (further) debug this problem. This is perhaps a similar problem.

Thanks.
[Edited to add a bit more detail, including the model of my video card - I'd left that latter detail out, accidentally.]

JustSomeVMUser

Re: A perhaps final request for help with debugging - SOLVED?

Post by JustSomeVMUser » Wed May 27, 2020 4:29 pm

Hopefully, the problem is now solved, after I installed Nvidia's 446.14 drivers, which have just been released.

I can see nothing relevant in the Nvidia release notes - which are always somehow both baroque and lacking in content - except, possibly, this: 'Fixed an issue where the shader cache was sometimes incorrectly purged upon launching an application. [2937218]'. (The numbered bug report at issue seems to this one.) However, I'm holding my breath, in that I have not yet rebooted.