calendar shows on startup of computer

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Bucksnort

calendar shows on startup of computer

Post by Bucksnort » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:31 am

I installed 7.2.0 and now when my computer is started the calendar opens up on the desktop. In options the box is still checked to minimize to taskbar on startup. I am running win 7 64 bit.

ipbr21054

Re: calendar shows on startup of computer

Post by ipbr21054 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 pm

I am using windows xp 32 bit i believe and the same happened to me each time i turn on the pc.

I had to remove the tick from Run at windows start up option of which i never had a tick in it anyway ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Bucksnort, when you say it's running on your desktop, are you referring to the semi-transparent Desktop Calendar? This won't ever minimize to the task tray. The setting you're referring to in the Program Options only controls whether the main window (not the Desktop Calendar) is visible or minimized when Windows starts. To hide the Desktop Calendar, uncheck the Desktop Calendar option in the View menu or click the X in the upper-right corner of the Desktop Calendar's window. The Desktop Calendar will stay hidden, including after a reboot, until you command it to be visible again via right-clicking the task tray icon or selecting it from the View menu.

You can also change the Program Option to prevent VueMinder from automatically loading when Windows starts, as ipbr21054 suggested, but then you'll need to remember to manually start VueMinder via the desktop shortcut or Start menu.

@ipbr21054, it's possible the option to run at startup was enabled when you updated to the new version. There's a checkbox for this in the installation window. It's checked by default, so the option will be set after installing the update unless you specifically uncheck the setting during installation. I'll try to think of a way to improve this.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Bucksnort

Post by Bucksnort » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm

It is the main calendar which maximizes on startup not the transparent. If you do not start vuminder when windows starts then reminders will not work so why have this software?

cmtomlin

Post by cmtomlin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:36 pm

I am having the same issue. Minimize at startup is checked, but the main program calendar continues to start maximized. I'm on Win XP SP3.

Bucksnort

Post by Bucksnort » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

I have a clean fresh install of win7. I uninstalled calendar rebooted and ran c cleaner then reinstalled 7.2. Same problem exists. This should be pretty evident and easy to reproduce.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:11 pm

A correction is in work and will be made available ASAP, probably later tonight or tomorrow.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Bucksnort

Post by Bucksnort » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:38 pm

7.2.1 fixed it. Thanks Dan

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:52 am

Can confirm this is now working correctly on my pc win xp sp3 once updated to 7.21

vflores022

Post by vflores022 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:17 pm

I downloaded a pro trial version yesterday -- I first tried the free version and liked it so decided to try the features in the pro version. I am having the problem where the calendar will not minimize to the task tray -- I've verified my settings, etc. I did not have this problem when I was trying out the free version.

My settings are now set to manually start VueMinder because it was also interfering with one of my other programs which also would not minimize to my task tray at start up. Once I set VueMinder to manually start, my other program would minimize to the task tray at startup. VueMinder, however, still will not minimize to the task tray.

Any suggestions? Thanks