Vueminder program deleted by accident

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Terry McCarty

Vueminder program deleted by accident

Post by Terry McCarty » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Please help. My vueminder program was installed and working yesterday. I woke up this morning and the application was not on my computer. I don't know what could have happened. I have a vuesoft directory that has a lot of information but does not have a file to open the program. Perhaps that files that are in this directory have a lot of my history on this program. If you may be able to help me, please let me know that you possibly can, You can reach me at tandlmccarty@gmail.com.

Thank you,
Terry McCarty

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Vueminder program deleted by accident

Post by VueSoft » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi Terry, I’m not sure what happened. It’s possible your antivirus program incorrectly deleted VueMinder. I’d recommend checking the log in your antivirus software to see if that’s what happened, and adding an exception for VueMinder if that was the case.

To fix the problem, use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won’t remove any data). Reboot after uninstalling. Next, download and reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _Setup.exe

Hopefully you’ll see all your previous data after reinstalling. If you data is missing, click the “File -> Restore Data” command. You should see a list of previous backups. Choose the most recent one (that indicates events are present) and click the Restore button.

If you don’t see any backup checkpoints, try searching your hard drive for files having a “vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The path can be found in the Program Options window. You should see some backup files in that folder, unless you disabled automatic backups. Click the “Browse” button in the Restore Data window to open a vbackup file.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA