Email using Outlook

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Alf

Email using Outlook

Post by Alf » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 am

I am setting the trial version to test the email using Gmail. Connection to Gmail is verified. However, when I try to send a test email, it opens Outlook and waits for me to finish the email in Outlook. I want the program to send an email to me automatically via Gmail, not Outlook. Please advise.

Also, have you considered a less expensive version for home users which would provide email capabilities? I just want a program to send an email reminder to ME only.

Thank you in advance.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Email using Outlook

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi Alf, welcome to the forums. Could you clarify? In the Email Settings (accessed from the Options menu), have you selected "Use Google Mail"? When you click the "Send a Test Email" button at the bottom of the Email Settings window, does the email get sent or does Outlook open?

I'm not sure why Outlook would open when the "Send a Test Email" button is clicked on the Email Settings window. When that button is clicked, VueMinder will connect to the Google Mail API for sending a test email. This same mechanism is used when email reminders are automatically sent.

Are you trying to test the email settings using a button elsewhere in VueMinder?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA