Re-sync with Google Calendar

Need help with PrintableCal? Get support directly from the developer here.
OregonRider

Re-sync with Google Calendar

Post by OregonRider » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:24 pm

First off, are there really no topics in this forum? Are ya'll on a facebook forum or am I the only dull tool who has questions?

Anyway, this is exactly the type of fix that I've been wanting for ages: pull my Google calendars and print them the way I WANT. For years I have been using Broderbund's Calendar Creator. CC in one window, Google calendar in the other, manually enter the data into CC and print. PITA!

So, finally, a question: I created a calendar in Excel then edited an item in Google calendar. How do I get Excel to refresh from Google?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Re-sync with Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:45 pm

HI OregonRider, welcome to the forums! PrintableCal was added to the forums a few days ago, which is why there weren't any topics yet. PrintableCal also has a Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/printablecal/

When a calendar is generated using PrintableCal, your current data is imported and will appear in the output. If you edit your external calendar, PrintableCal won't dynamically regenerate the previously generated output. However, you can quickly regenerate with the latest data by clicking the "Quick Calendar" button on the PrintableCal tab of the ribbon menu in Word or Excel.

Even though this isn't an automatic sync, it's a simple 1-click operation that does in seconds what might have taken you an hour to do manually when using Calendar Creator.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

OregonRider

Post by OregonRider » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Do you recommend using different workbooks for different views? I print a monthly and a two-week view.

Also, I noted that the Quick Calendar button uses the most recently used template and duplicates the current tabs so I end up with an "old-data" and a "refreshed-data" tab.

Nonetheless, this is going to be a much easier method for my situation.

Thanks for all the work that went into making this!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi OregonRider, if you use multiple templates, you can pick a previous template from the "Recent" button drop-down, rather than clicking the "Quick Calendar" button. Up to 8 recently used templates will be listed. Selecting a template from the list will work the same as the Quick Calendar button, except you can choose which template to regenerate. This should eliminate the need to have multiple workbooks open at the same time for generating with the different templates.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA