Event Reminders are recycling

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Equineguy

Event Reminders are recycling

Post by Equineguy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 am

VueMinder Pro 2019.01. This past week, Vueminder has been recycling older reminders on the pop-ups: Past occurred reminders that have been dismissed will sometimes pop-up again, had them as far back as 9 weeks or so. Not sure what has changed, the first time I noticed this is when I accessed my Vueminder while being attached to the internet - as soon as I made internet connection, the past pop-ups came up. I have not been able to replicate that, it seems to be just random.

As far as I know, I have not adjusted any settings. My usual pop-up setting is for 3 days before event start, and I select the pop-up reminder.

Also, may or may not be related - the daily information block that displays in the lower right screen ( which shows daily info ), will occasionally 'loop' when I open the Vueminder calendar while connected to the internet. About every 5-10 seconds will display with the chime, disapear and re-appear. Again, totally random and I can not seem to connect it with a particular event other than while connected to the internet.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Event Reminders are recycling

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi Equineguy, thank you for the feedback. I haven't been able to duplicate this behavior. Do you sync your calendar with anything external to VueMinder? The problem might be a weird syncing issue, but I'll need to investigate further.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Equineguy

Post by Equineguy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:57 pm

It does sync to google calendar, which has not changed for the past year.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi Equineguy, thank you for the information. VueMinder has started hitting the daily quota limit on Google Calendar sync requests, which is causing syncing issues and might be related to the problem you're seeing. I've sent a request to Google for increasing the quota limit, but it can take up to a week for them to review the request. I'm also making improvements to the next version of VueMinder which should help.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA