Automatic sync not working

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
fifer43

Automatic sync not working

Post by fifer43 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:29 pm

None of my calendars will sync automatically with Google Calendar, although I have checked that box for all calendars, and 2-way syncing is also checked.
I have to sync manually every time, which is a bit of an inconvenience. Automatic syncing does not work in either direction. It seems odd that manual syncing works, but not automatic.
I did try deleting a calendar, then adding it from Google Calendar, but no change in behaviour.
Suggestions?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Automatic sync not working

Post by VueSoft » Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Please check to make sure your local Windows system clock is set correctly, including the correct time zone.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

fifer43

Post by fifer43 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Clock and time zone are correct.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 30, 2019 7:37 pm

Thank you for the information. VueMinder should automatically sync, but this doesn't happen immediately. It can take up to 30 seconds after making a change before VueMinder syncs. Are you waiting 30 seconds to determine VueMinder isn't automatically syncing?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

fifer43

Post by fifer43 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:40 pm

My calendars are all set to sync automatically, but none of them sync that way. I have waited as long as 5 minutes, and even after refreshing Google Calendar a few times, nothing syncs. When I sync manually, the sync occurs after about 15 seconds or less. So the sync "conduit" is obviously working, just not automatically. The automatic sync does not work in reverse either - an event created in Google Calendar does not automatically sync back to VueMinder.
Is there anything I can send to you (one of my calendars perhaps) that would be useful?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure why your calendars aren't automatically syncing. I've been unable to replicate the problem on any of my test computers, which automatically sync within 30 seconds as expected. I'll investigate further and will let you know will a correction is available,
Dan Chartrand, Founder

fifer43

Post by fifer43 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Thanks Dan.
Is it possible that something is wrong with my installation or configuration? It happens with every calendar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 pm

I don't think it's a configuration setting. As long as the option to sync automatically is checked, calendars should sync automatically (when actual changes exist and require a sync). It's possible reinstalling VueMinder will fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

fifer43

Post by fifer43 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:03 pm

I tried that but no luck.
I keep my data folder on One Drive so that I can use VueMinder on both my desktop and laptop (not at the same time). Could that affect the automatic syncing? If I need to change that location, could you explain exactly how to do that please? Since manual syncing works, the location of the data folder is probably not the issue, but I'm considering all possibilities!!
Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:20 pm

I don't think the location where the data is saved would have anything to do with the problem. If you want to try saving to a different location, and if you're not using the USB version, you can change the data folder via the Program Options (on the Options menu). Look for the "Data folder" field.
Dan Chartrand, Founder