Backup location

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Ennovy

Backup location

Post by Ennovy » Tue May 21, 2019 9:00 am

I want to change the location of the backup folder
Clicking File/Backup Data shows the backup history but it's not possible to change the location.
The image of the backup history window shown in the documentation however is different from the window in my USB version

Can you show me how to change the backup location please?

Thanks in advance for your support
Have a nice day
Peter

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Backup location

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 pm

Hi Peter, unfortunately there's no mechanism to change the default auto-backup folder in the USB version. The reasoning behind this is because the USB version could be located on a USB stick or cloud drive, and not always opened on the same computer where the specified auto-backup folder would be available. The only location that is guaranteed to always be present for auto-backups is a sub-folder under the location where the USB version runs.

I apologize for the inconvenience. You could manually copy the backup files to your desired location, or use the "Backup" button on the Backup Data window to generate a backup to wherever you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Ennovy

Re: Backup location

Post by Ennovy » Wed May 22, 2019 1:41 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Peter, unfortunately there's no mechanism to change the default auto-backup folder in the USB version. The reasoning behind this is because the USB version could be located on a USB stick or cloud drive, and not always opened on the same computer where the specified auto-backup folder would be available. The only location that is guaranteed to always be present for auto-backups is a sub-folder under the location where the USB version runs.

I apologize for the inconvenience. You could manually copy the backup files to your desired location, or use the "Backup" button on the Backup Data window to generate a backup to wherever you'd like.
Thank you for explaining and I understand it now
I use the USB version on my harddrive, a separate partition with my data and portable software
It's no inconvenience, I can make a backup manually once a week to my dropbox

Thanks for your support