Dismissed reminders returned

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Dismissed reminders returned

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm still not sure why you're seeing this, but I think I have enough information now to begin debugging it. I'll let you know if I have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:05 pm

Version 7.2.0 has been released. A number of problems related to the display and processing of reminders have been corrected. I believe these corrections should resolve the problems you've been seeing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Nendail

Post by Nendail » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Hate to be the first to bring up more bad news but I'm still seeing this problem. I'm going to make it more complicated by telling you that we are seeing it in a shared calendar that my wife and I use across a network.

We noticed that stuff kept coming back up and when I came here to see if anyone else has been dealing with this, I found this thread. (We are using 7.2.1) Like was mentioned above there have been missed events as well. Something I found when following the comments laid out in this thread is that when I mouse over an event that has been missed (doesn't seem to have popped up) it said that the reminder was snoozed to some future date. Since it says it's snoozed I can't be certain that it did not pop up. I can be certain after talking with my wife, that if it did, they did not get snoozed.

We use a "Chore" calendar that is set up with a list of daily/weekly chores that are scheduled. This allows us to dismiss a to do list everyday as stuff gets completed. (Tasks can't be shared) we frequently find stuff that needs to be completed from weeks before hand.

I'm wondering if there isn't something causing a dismissed event to get snoozed rather than dismissed as that's what it looks like to me.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:00 am

Thanks for letting me know about the problem. I thought I had this solved in 7.2.1. What you describe is a bit different though, since the status is saying reminders have been snoozed. The way the program works, I don't see any way a reminder could have a status saying it was snoozed, unless it was actually (or mistakenly) snoozed.

I'll run some more tests to try to replicate the problem, but there are a few ways reminders can become snoozed, possibly without realizing it:

- If you have multiple reminders listed at the top of the popup reminder window and accidentally click the "Snooze All" button instead of the "Snooze" button, all the reminders will be snoozed, not just the one that was actively displayed below the list.

- If you click the X button in the upper right corner of the popup reminder window, all listed reminders will be snoozed.

Could it be possible either of these might explain the reminders being snoozed, when you didn't mean to snooze them?

Also, in case you're not aware, there is a "Recent Reminders" window that can be accessed from the Tools menu. This will show the status of the 50 most recently processed reminders. Do the missed reminders that are reporting they were snoozed show up in this list? If so, that would indicate the program thinks these reminders are being commanded to be snoozed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Nendail

Post by Nendail » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Okay hold off on spending too many resources on looking for this unless others complain. I'll try to replicate the problem on this end. There is a very high likelihood it's happening as a result of the reminder window being closed (Clicking X) I will check into this.

We are having a separate issue and hate to high-jack the thread with it so if you'd like to move this part of the post to a new thread I understand.

It seems that the calendar program is not recovering from sleep time. When the computer goes to sleep, then is woken back up the program seems to crash. (One machine issue.) Any tips to possibly dealing with this.

Additionally, if the reminder window is open and the computer goes to sleep, will this cause all reminders that are in the list to be snoozed?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Are you getting an error message when resuming from sleep? If so, could you send the details to support@vueminder.com the next time it happens? That will help me determine the source of the problem. Also, am I correct in my understanding that it is only happening on one of your computers, and not the other? Have you tried minimizing VueMinder before commanding the computer to enter sleep mode? I'm not sure if that will fix it, but that would be the first thing I'd try.

Reminders are not snoozed if the reminder window is displayed and the computer enters sleep mode. When the computer resumes, the reminder window should still be displayed with the previous reminders. Also, and other reminders that came due while the computer was in sleep mode will appear after resuming from sleep mode. At least, that's how it is supposed to be working. Please let me know if you're seeing different behavior.
Dan Chartrand, Founder